Train Compilation

Terrific compilation of train videos, Shartiza!

Here is one I took on 29 April in the Mojave Desert of the transit of Union Pacific's "Big Boy" #4014 locomotive from its 55 year resting place in Pomona, CA, to the restoration shops in Cheyenne, WY. The I used my stock P2V - no gimbel, no GoPro - from a height of about 200' in a very gusty 25 mph wind. I had only one chance to catch this train. It won't be back for 4 more years - if then - but then it may be steaming under its own power.

http://youtu.be/pD3twcgUzQE

shartlza said:
Here is a compilation I put together of some trains around my area. I edited it with the GoPro Cineform software. Please let me know your thought. I am learning, so I can handle constructive criticism. ;)

http://youtu.be/LhVyA_K5BXc
I think this could be a really cool subject for you. It would be even more fun to watch if you also added some other perspectives to the video. Why not set up a tripod with GoPro down close to the ground near the tracks and get some shots of the trains passing close? You could even (gulp) set a GoPro up on the tracks and use some of that footage. Then edit all that together with the aerial stuff.

Great little video!

doug86 said:
I think this could be a really cool subject for you. It would be even more fun to watch if you also added some other perspectives to the video. Why not set up a tripod with GoPro down close to the ground near the tracks and get some shots of the trains passing close? You could even (gulp) set a GoPro up on the tracks and use some of that footage. Then edit all that together with the aerial stuff.

Great little video!

I was actually thinking of doing this, but using a Canon DSLR. Maybe next time. Most of the shots are from behind my townhome complex. I usually fly after I get off work and I always get a train in my videos, so I thought I would have some fun with some videos.

Thanks for liking the vid!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1