tragic sad day

sergekouper said:
Dirty Bird said:
sergekouper said:
It is not a matter of choice. It is a matter of safety for persons and properties. It is not authorised. Period. When the "some" of you will start to get healthy fines you will start to understand the point. Are you driving your car at 150mph to get sensations? I'm sure you don't. ;)

You always do precisely the speed limit, eh? Stay inside the box...you'll be safe there! ;)

Mr-square-head-500.jpg

That's funny you chose this illustration because the only one who appears limited here is you. If you don't understand the basics that's your problem after all. Congratulations, have fun while you still can!
(Well done for me, I shouldn't argue with morons!)

Not taking sides but your "show reel" (link in your sig) starts with you flying over a child and strangers and then a house which I can only assume isn't yours. You then fly over a passenger train later in the clip. There are people who would consider all of those things very unsafe and irresponsible. Perhaps we should all look at our own habits first before we talk about other "morons".

job2310 said:
Not taking sides but your "show reel" (link in your sig) starts with you flying over a child and strangers and then a house which I can only assume isn't yours. You then fly over a passenger train later in the clip. There are people who would consider all of those things very unsafe and irresponsible. Perhaps we should all look at our own habits first before we talk about other "morons".

Don't be fooled by the 5.4mm on the go pro. I am further than it seems.

sergekouper said:
job2310 said:

Don't be fooled by the 5.4mm on the go pro. I am further than it seems.

So it is safer to drop your Phantom on someone's head from 400 feet rather than 50 feet? Is that what you are implying?
Regardless of how high or far you fly or have flown, you are advocating safety under any and all circumstances, yet you post videos where you fly directly over people, houses and mass transportation. Some people, like you, consider this very dangerous and irresponsible. So I guess we should do as you say, and not as you do?

Why is it that in multiple threads now you have gotten into arguments, and have resorted to name calling?

sergekouper said:
That's funny you chose this illustration because the only one who appears limited here is you. If you don't understand the basics that's your problem after all. Congratulations, have fun while you still can!
(Well done for me, I shouldn't argue with morons!)

A video I posted a few months back (Keybridge Flyover) got a bit of grief because, in a flight that lasted nearly 20 minutes, I spent 5 seconds passing over the bridge. Several miles of flight, of which 100' crossed a highway. What were the odds that, just at the moment, the aircraft would plummet from the sky? It is that sense of utter rigidness & "Holier than thou" that came to mind when I read your "It is not authorised. Period." comment. Is it any more likely your Phantom will fall from the sky at 100' distance than 8300' distance? Will it cause any less harm if it did? What if your Phantom should decide its time for a walkabout 50' from launch and flies several miles away before settling to earth? It is, afterall, a possibility each time we lift off.

Hence, I chose a humorous photo for your "stay within the lines" thinking that was, IMHO, spot on. Just because some of us think outside of the box doesn't make us morons. As I said, different strokes. It is always wise, however, that a man know his limitations. Cheers! ;)

Dirty Bird said:
in a flight that lasted nearly 20 minutes, I spent 5 seconds passing over the bridge. Several miles of flight, of which 100' crossed a highway. What were the odds that, just at the moment, the aircraft would plummet from the sky?

It only takes one Phantom plummeting into the windshield of a moving car to permanently end this hobby for everyone.

queue said:
Dirty Bird said:
in a flight that lasted nearly 20 minutes, I spent 5 seconds passing over the bridge. Several miles of flight, of which 100' crossed a highway. What were the odds that, just at the moment, the aircraft would plummet from the sky?

It only takes one Phantom plummeting into the windshield of a moving car to permanently end this hobby for everyone.
:lol: yep, just like my pastime of dropping rocks off overpasses. :lol:

DBS said:
sorry to hear your story saao... you're a good guy to have around here sir... get that new bird and be careful out there...

what are the chances of it happening twice right ;) :?:

Well then a plane can crash as well anything can happen yes we have to be careful but that doesn't mean we cant fly far or achieve longer distances secondly when longer distances are achieved we are not less the 600 feet of altitude so its not like we are flying ryte above them.

Any how got my 2nd bird hope i dont do the same mistake if i did any with this one.

There are so many disasters waiting for these things. I think I might be looking in a different direction. Look at the ribbon cable is that a mistake or just a Golden Goose for DJI. It sure seems like a Golden Goose (FOR DJI) and their dealers.

The other point is that Phantoms are not the only players in the quad copter game. I'm sure there are other pilots on other platforms pushing the limits. We tend to always say "it only takes one phantom...end the hobby". Surely if another non-phantom quad did something nasty the entire flying community would be affected.

Bottom line, fly safe!

queue said:

Yeah .. like so many other activities which have had accidents like driving cars, flying planes, mowing grass, horseriding, using guns, matches, chainsaws, knives and scissors etc etc. One accident may be unfortunate or even tragic but to suggest it would shut down the hobby isn't realistic at all.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj