tragic sad day

Sorry for your loss...

I've had "Return Home" work fine several times, but I've never flown at your distance with this flight. But I have noticed on several occasions while flying "Ground Station" flights using DJI's app, that when the P2V+ had to make a turn at a waypoint approaching 180 degrees it would initiate the yaw, make it partway, then yaw back toward the prior direction, then resume and complete the required yaw to the next waypoint. My heart would drop as I observed this happening. In each case where this happened I had at least 9 GPS satellites, the rest of the flight was normal, but at that turn the P2V+ seem "confused." Was it not getting the correct inputs from the on-board systems?

I guess it is possible the Phantom could be so "confused" for some unknown reason it couldn't complete the turn and get to the next waypoint, or return home.

Mac_Guy said:
Sorry for your loss...

I've had "Return Home" work fine several times, but I've never flown at your distance with this flight. But I have noticed on several occasions while flying "Ground Station" flights using DJI's app, that when the P2V+ had to make a turn at a waypoint approaching 180 degrees it would initiate the yaw, make it partway, then yaw back toward the prior direction, then resume and complete the required yaw to the next waypoint. My heart would drop as I observed this happening. In each case where this happened I had at least 9 GPS satellites, the rest of the flight was normal, but at that turn the P2V+ seem "confused." Was it not getting the correct inputs from the on-board systems?

I guess it is possible the Phantom could be so "confused" for some unknown reason it couldn't complete the turn and get to the next waypoint, or return home.
I had 10 sats during all this

480sparky said:
I really had a hard time reading this post for the sheer lack of capitalization and punctuation.

There's a difference between "Helping my Uncle, Jack, off his horse" and 'helping my uncle jack off his horse."

last I checked this was a r/c forum not a English class shut the f#@$ up

[quote="Dirty Bird
Ummm...dude....he lost it at 8300' DISTANCE, 600' altitude...[/quote]

Ok... Even in this order, It's too high , too far!

skyhighdiver said:
480sparky said:
I really had a hard time reading this post for the sheer lack of capitalization and punctuation.

There's a difference between "Helping my Uncle, Jack, off his horse" and 'helping my uncle jack off his horse."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know I understood "f#@S" out of the box, there's something about the "F" that needs no translation or deduction

I laughed anyway
:)

Sorry, slightly off topic but it was noteworthy to some

saao said:
yes but a lot of us have modes our birds for maximum distance so its not far bro?

In the UK the Law is 400ft High, 500 m radius. Which is already quite far. If you want to go further, you have to ask, and get licensed/insured. You have to comply with the rules depending in what airspace you intend to fly. You cannot do whatever you like, you may also be fined quite heavily as well.
I don't know exacly what are the Laws and rules in your country, but I guess they are more or less the same everywhere. if you are in the US, this one will tell you how wrong it is to fly that far from your base. http://www.faa.gov/uas/publications/mod ... operators/

Your Phantom sleeps with the fishes :(

I would save your money --- there's some rumors Phantom 3 might be out in time for Xmas shopping season! :p

skyhighdiver said:
480sparky said:

thanks for the support bro i guess we all have some ruthless people who don't care about peoples feelings.

sergekouper said:

I disagree. For some of us, its the thrill of how far we can go that makes this so exciting. Just flying around within sight to me is pretty boring. Different strokes, ya know! ;)

saao said:
skyhighdiver said:
480sparky said:

thanks for the support bro i guess we all have some ruthless people who don't care about peoples feelings.

Some folks spend too much time on reddit and think the same attitude applies here as well... :roll:

Dirty Bird said:
sergekouper said:

I disagree. For some of us, its the thrill of how far we can go that makes this so exciting. Just flying around within sight to me is pretty boring. Different strokes, ya know! ;)

It is not a matter of choice. It is a matter of safety for persons and properties. It is not authorised. Period. When the "some" of you will start to get healthy fines you will start to understand the point. Are you driving your car at 150mph to get sensations? I'm sure you don't. ;)

Here is a pic I took the other day @ 400 ft (the legal Australian limit... Its overlooking Port Phillip bay and CBD in Melbourne Australia)
Didn't relies if you turn off FPV the camera stays horizontal... that pic was before I relised it :p

buddhacanooda said:
Wait, so there is a 2.4 GHz jamming zone? So that means he should not have lost control of the 5.8 GHz components right? Can you provide more info on the FAA actively jamming frequencies in areas people fly these devices? If anything an errant flying machine that was "jammed" would be a bigger hazard in a public area.

OP, Can you post pictures you took from 650 ft? I am curious to see how well the camera takes pictures at that height.
BC

sergekouper said:
saao said:
Hey guys very sad day for me inwas flying my pv2+ and all of a sudden it went out of range phantom connection broken it said initiated rth but it was trying to turn but wasnt be able to as i was getting video on and of its like it was trying to turn but wasnt be able to then i tried the course and home lock that didnt even work it just messed up battery went down the last feed i got was at 8300 feet despite it started breaking cinnection at 6000 feet altitude 600 feet the place where i was flying and now the place it shows on my app is different sides now it shows last location is in the sea ran to the place but no luck. It landed in a bay

OMG! you lost it at 8300 ft? It probably went into the FAA 2.4GHz jamming zone. It has been put in place above 400ft to avoid having drones creating hazards where they have no business to be. I've been told that they are working on laser beams to strike morons holding a white box at ground level as well.
PLease do yourself a favor, don't fly anything anymore unless you get conscious that you can kill people acting that irresponsibly.

sergekouper said:
It is not a matter of choice. It is a matter of safety for persons and properties. It is not authorised. Period. When the "some" of you will start to get healthy fines you will start to understand the point. Are you driving your car at 150mph to get sensations? I'm sure you don't. ;)

You always do precisely the speed limit, eh? Stay inside the box...you'll be safe there! ;)

Mr-square-head-500.jpg

Where did you find that square head, Dirtybird?!
Is Google that generous? :D

Dirty Bird said:
sergekouper said:

You always do precisely the speed limit, eh? Stay inside the box...you'll be safe there! ;)

Mr-square-head-500.jpg

That's funny you chose this illustration because the only one who appears limited here is you. If you don't understand the basics that's your problem after all. Congratulations, have fun while you still can!
(Well done for me, I shouldn't argue with morons!)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik