Traded Phantom 3 4k for Phantom Professional

Reaction score
I took everyone's advise and traded my one week old Phantom 3 4k in today @ Best Buy for a Phantom Professional. I hope it's as good as everyone says. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have a Phantom 4, and and a Phantom 3 Professional, and while I do love the P4, BUT the P3P has better range, I don't see a meaningful difference in video quality, and a lot of the P4 features are gimmicky -- like "tap to fly". Tap on a point on the screen and it goes there. Avoiding obstacles, you hope. It will auto-track subjects as long as they don't move around to fast, or look like other objects in the frame. If money was an issue, I think the P3P is the deal. It gets better range, regardless of what DJI claims, and has fewer firmware bugs. Sport Mode is fun on the P4. 45 mph in a heartbeat. The P3P does 35 mph. The forward looking collision avoidance needs a solid object. I will not generally fly into a tree head on. I'LL SEE IT! I did slew into one sideways once. Collision avoidance would not have helped.

Sent from my SM-G920V using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hmm i have a brand new advanced in box still because i fixed my standard. I was going to sell it but maybe i should just sell my standard. What range are you guys seeing with advanced/pro? Im getting 1000 feet average usually less :(

I have the standard. I've gotten 2600 ft w/o mods. Not the p3p distance but also not p3p cost. for now good enough. Just purchased a windsurfer. Gonna see the difference if any. The video quality is great which ever bird you own.

Hmm i have a brand new advanced in box still because i fixed my standard. I was going to sell it but maybe i should just sell my standard. What range are you guys seeing with advanced/pro? Im getting 1000 feet average usually less :(
I'm getting 1600 feet which is the limit on the DJI ultimate app. I lose sight of it at that distance.

Sent from my SM-G928V using PhantomPilots mobile app

Just an update. The windsurfer antenna add on booster works as advertised. My P3S went 5000+ ft before signal loss and auto rth. Very happy. I really don't need the range but the stronger signal. Enjoy.

Reactions: HIGHFLIER

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20