Tradecraft custom p2v case

Re: Tradecraft custom p2v case

I have two of the Tradecraft cases - I'm a big fan. Here is my detailed review from a month ago:

http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4859

20131214_162543.jpg

Excellent review. You took a lot of time on that. Very well written. I actually stumbled across that page and it helped me decide on their case.

Scottrod said:
Excellent review. You took a lot of time on that. Very well written. I actually stumbled across that page and it helped me decide on their case.

Thanks man!

Sent from my Samsung Note 2 using Tapatalk 4

I have the case and like it, but I take the props off so that the upper foam
does not bend the blades downward.

Perhaps cutting off some of the foam peaks over the blades would be a good idea?

garygid said:

Perhaps cutting off some of the foam peaks over the blades would be a good idea?

Thats what I did. I cut the top and the bottom of the foam where it would have hit the props, so basically the foam is only over the middle of my vision. now the props/motors do not get any pressure at all from the foam, but my vision is still held in place at the middle.

garygid said:

Look on page two of this thread. That's exactly what I did. Whoops wrong thread - I thought this was my Tradecraft review thread! Here is what I did - props fit perfect with no pressure:

Lid.JPG

Sent from my Samsung Note 2 using Tapatalk 4

But guys we really shouldn't have to cut the foam on a $200+ (AU$320 in my case!) case should we?? Thats something they should have thought of. That's the one thing that worries me about this case and why I'm holding off till I read reviews of the Go Pro case.

I really like how you cut the foam so beautifully but I doubt I'll be able to do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But guys we really shouldn't have to cut the foam on a $200+ (AU$320 in my case!) case should we?? Thats something they should have thought of. That's the one thing that worries me about this case and why I'm holding off till I read reviews of the Go Pro case.

I really like how you cut the foam so beautifully but I doubt I'll be able to do that.

djayz said:

djayz. Agreed to a certain extent but consider this:

1. It's $179. Comparable cases from Go Professionals, Pelican are all more expensive with Pelicans being way more expensive.

2. EVERY case, regardless of maker - GoProfessionals, Pelican, Duratool, etc - they ALL require the top eggshell case to be cut. In other words, no manufacturer makes their cases this way. It's just something you have to do - and it's not a big deal. It takes all of 5 minutes.

The tradecraft case has major benefits over the GoProfessionals and Pelican cases in my opinion. It is the only one that allows you to keep the props on (Phantom 2 and Vision props are bigger than Phantom 1), while also offering custom molded foam for under $180. You should check out my review - I'm super **** about cases as you'll see and I've been through a number of them (Pelican and Duratool included).

My review of the Tradecraft is here: http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4859

Thanks Wangta, reassuring to know you're the most happy with the Tradecraft.

Do you mind sharing your secret as to how you cut half the lid foam so neatly and leaving the underside layer of the foam still there?? I tried to do that on a cheap case I played with last week but failed miserably

Thanks Wangta, reassuring to know you're the most happy with the Tradecraft.

Do you mind sharing your secret as to how you cut half the lid foam so neatly and leaving the underside layer of the foam still there?? I tried to do that on a cheap case I played with last week but failed miserably

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.