TradeCraft Case

I have a FedEx tracking number. My case in on the way from Round Rock, TX. If you own a Dell computer, that city may sound familiar to you.

Me too, mine is in georgetown TX. I'm glad they shipped out today. I wonedr if the ones that were preordered were shipped first?

skipper1 said:
Just checked my FedEx tracking #. It will be delivered tomorrow 3/12/13. YES!

Excellent! We'll be looking forward to your report!

Hey guys! Glad you guys are finally getting your cases this week. We shipped all pre-orders today, you guys were first on the list. International Pre-Orders went out via USPS Priority Mail (6-10 days) and Domestic went out via FedEx Ground (3 days, depending on distance from Texas!)

I got to take my Phantom on a trip last week in the first tradecraft case. On the way, checked it. On the return flight, I carried it as carry-on luggage. American Airlines / TSA had no problem with it but they were curious. Expect to get some looks, people will be interested in the Phantom!

I'll be sending this out to all new case owners, but I'll post it here first.

1. Always be mindful of your prop and battery wire positioning. Make sure it is positioned so it won't get pinched when the case is closed.

2. The main shell of the Phantom is held down by the foam strip. The four arms are held in position at the prop nuts. The prop nuts will contact with the top of the case, and this is what holds it all in. We didn't put any foam in that area so nothing would come into contact with your props. Your Phantom is held in securely and safely.

3. When traveling by air with your Phantom case, remove the air pressure valve and place it inside your Phantom case or somewhere you won't lose it. The small hole will allow for air pressure changes. When you land, re-insert the valve.

4. USA air traffic regulations state that you SHOULD NOT check LiPo batteries (the type of batteries that the Phantom uses). If you do check your tradecraft case, please REMOVE all your Phantom batteries and carry them in you carry-on luggage. See this link for more info: http://safetravel.dot.gov/whats_new_batteries.html

5. If you are going to check your case, use TSA approved travel locks. When the case is checked the screeners will want to have a look at everything and the locks will ensure they get all the latches closed. The tradecraft case does come with two lock tabs. TSA approved locks have a special key that only TSA employees have. Keep in mind though, that TSA screeners will want to open the case and will probably look at everything, so we suggest carrying-on when possible.

Attachments

• tradecraft-phantom-case-overhead-bin.jpg
    tradecraft-phantom-case-overhead-bin.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 789
I'm very sorry to hear that some of you missed the deadline to get an outstanding, supreme carrying case for your Phantom for ONLY $99.00. I had to rub it in just a little. You will still want to order one even though you have to pay the regular price. It is well worth the price of $149.00.

I once had a Pelican case to carry some electronic gear in. It was tough, it came with the soft cushy foam you pluck to fit your gear, it was big and I think it cost more than $200. The TradeCraft Case is made of the same tough material as my old Pelican. The big difference is the size, it's just right and the foam is molded foam, the stiff kind. Everything fits very snugly in its place and I would not hesitate for for even one minute to throw this case off the balcony if there was a fire. Your batteries will fit nice and tight in the 6 battery slots. Your batteries are not going to go anywhere, same with the Phantom.

I honestly can not figure out why anyone would want to carry this cheap piece of crap of a battery charger with them. If I need to take a battery charger on the road, I'm taking my Powerlab 6 and 500 watt power supply so I can charge all 6 batteries at once. But yes, if you must take the battery charger that came with the Phantom, it also fits very nicely in its slot. I will be using the charger slot to carry extra props and a few tools.

If you missed out on the $99 special, go ahead and bite the bullet and order one. I promise, you WILL NOT be disappointed.

skipper1 said:
I'm very sorry to hear that some of you missed the deadline to get an outstanding, supreme carrying case for your Phantom for ONLY $99.00. I had to rub it in just a little. You will still want to order one even though you have to pay the regular price. It is well worth the price of $149.00.

I once had a Pelican case to carry some electronic gear in. It was tough, it came with the soft cushy foam you pluck to fit your gear, it was big and I think it cost more than $200. The TradeCraft Case is made of the same tough material as my old Pelican. The big difference is the size, it's just right and the foam is molded foam, the stiff kind. Everything fits very snugly in its place and I would not hesitate for for even one minute to throw this case off the balcony if there was a fire. Your batteries will fit nice and tight in the 6 battery slots. Your batteries are not going to go anywhere, same with the Phantom.

I honestly can not figure out why anyone would want to carry this cheap piece of crap of a battery charger with them. If I need to take a battery charger on the road, I'm taking my Powerlab 6 and 500 watt power supply so I can charge all 6 batteries at once. But yes, if you must take the battery charger that came with the Phantom, it also fits very nicely in its slot. I will be using the charger slot to carry extra props and a few tools.

If you missed out on the $99 special, go ahead and bite the bullet and order one. I promise, you WILL NOT be disappointed.

Skipper, thanks for the kind words about the DJI Phantom Case. I tracked your order all day - you and two others in Texas were the first to arrive.

Oh, and our normal price is only $129, not $149. So the pre-orders got in for $30 less but they did have to wait a few weeks. Cases are in stock and shipping now.

About the battery charger - the case foam is made on a big tool that "punches" it out. We had to decide on one standard set of pockets, as we had to pay big $$$ for the tooling. We can't make custom cases for each person, well, I guess we could but they'd each cost about $1000....so, not everyone uses the stock DJI charger, especially the super users here on PhantomPilots, but we figured maybe those that were going to travel with it didn't need to lug around a big charger and would stick with the stock charger at least for travel. The GoPro also fits nicely in that pocket if you don't carry the DJI charger and don't want to leave the GoPro attached to the Phantom.

(EDIT 04/26/2013: Some are emailing us asking about a $129 case. Unfortunately, we can't get that case (outer part, we do the foam locally) from our supplier. We had to switch from an overseas vendor to a case made in California. It's a much better case, larger, with more storage compartments, wheels, retractable handle, 100% waterproof, etc. It costs exactly $50.00 more from the supplier, hence the $50.00 price difference - it's every bit worth $179.00. Will we ever sell the smaller case again? Perhaps, but it will be several months before we can even get them from our supplier, if at all.)

Lauren, Sales Team
http://www.tradecraftcases.com
[email protected]

Tradecraftcases said:
skipper1 said:

Skipper, thanks for the kind words about the DJI Phantom Case. I tracked your order all day - you and two others in Texas were the first to arrive.

Oh, and our normal price is only $129, not $149. So the pre-orders got in for $30 less but they did have to wait a few weeks. Cases are in stock and shipping now.

About the battery charger - the case foam is made on a big tool that "punches" it out. We had to decide on one standard set of pockets, as we had to pay big $$$ for the tooling. We can't make custom cases for each person, well, I guess we could but they'd each cost about $1000....so, not everyone uses the stock DJI charger, especially the super users here on PhantomPilots, but we figured maybe those that were going to travel with it didn't need to lug around a big charger and would stick with the stock charger at least for travel. The GoPro also fits nicely in that pocket if you don't carry the DJI charger and don't want to leave the GoPro attached to the Phantom.

Lauren, Sales Team
http://www.tradecraftcases.com
[email protected]

My bad on the price. Don't know why I thought it was $149. Well, $129 makes it an even better deal. Now that everyone knows, you guys will be busy.

Yep, I thought about how you did the foam and a tool to punch it out makes a lot of sense and expensive. I really hadn't thought about sticking the GoPro in the battery slot. How clever, you've been messing around with one a lot longer than I have.

This is a very nice case and I just know everyone that ordered will be as happy as I am.

I ordered one this morning... can't wait to get a hold of it and find out how well it will all pack. Then... off to Hawaii!

Got my new case in today !!! Great case. I am very pleased. I did modify it a tiny bit inside to allow for the extended
tray I put underneath the Phantom, but works great and if the Phantom is not protected in this case then we had a really nasty
thing happen....... Best case I have owned for an expensive item like this....

Just got mine in today. Look pretty solid! Also the Phantom fits in just fine without removing 9x4 Zinger props! I'm pretty pleased.

Edit: added pic. Also cut a little section in the front to put spare props in.

I got mine and couldn't be happier. She fits perfect. And I'm glad to learn the 9 inch props fit as well.
Now for the fpv system...lol

Just received my case today too! Case compares to my Pelican cases, very nice.
Highly recommend it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4