TrackR

Squiddley said:
wondering if anyone has ever used one of these on their phantom, would the GPS from this thing mess with the copter, any advice on this, has anyone ever used one, heres the link for the product
http://www.thetrackr.com/
The site says range is 100 feet..... Not nearly far enough for a gps locator for a phantom IMO.

I actually have one of them that I got when the co was giveing some away on a promotion. They are complete pieces of crap. they are junk and not even worth a dime. So Im glad I didnt actully pay any thing for the one I have.

The ap will only work on one tablet I tried it on out of about 1/2 dozen and even when it works its still useless for locating. It also does not have any gps in it and is just a blue tooth signal and the app trys to locate it based on the distance and strength of the signal and using your tablet or phones gps to figure out were it is relative to your location. and it does not do a very good job of that either. I can have mine right in front of me a few inchs from the tablet and is will say it located it and it will show its a few doors down the street or the next block over. The only thing that does seem to work is the beeper if its in range and you tell it to beep it will beep so you can find it based on the sound but you need to be close for it to not only get the signal but also to even be able to hear it. Cause its not very loud. I was going to use the one I had as a pin pointer to go along with my GPS locator so that if it ever crashed some place and all I have is the general location to go and look for it. I figured I could then use the beeper in it to start beeping so I can zoom in on were its hiding if its not easy seen. But its so unreliable i never even bothered. and instead I put it on one of my cats who likes to play hide and seek all the time and my old lady always gets freaked out and panicked thinking she got out side any time she cant find her in the first 10 seconds of looking for her.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik