Tracking vs DJI Go

How do Marco Polo and Trackimo get their power? Are they rechargeable? And any idea how long the power source lasts when in use?

How do Marco Polo and Trackimo get their power? Are they rechargeable?
They are charged via a micro USB cable.

The Trackimo can be powered for up to 96 hours. The Marco Polo can remain in standby mode "listening" for a locator's search signal for up to one month or be actively tracked by the locator for up to 8 days.

Reactions: captainmilehigh
Do you need internet for the trackimo?
Yes. Since the Trackimo tracks via a cell signal, you should also have a cell signal on your phone when tracking it (which means you can connect to the Internet). That would of course mean you need a smartphone.

Trackimo would not work in that scenario. You'll definitely want the Macro Polo if you often fly in locations you know have no cell phone reception.

Reactions: captainmilehigh
You can get the Marco Polo shipped direct from the manufacturer to Canada here.

I use the Marco Polo on my P3S and am happy with it 100%. After mounting mine, a buddy decided to "hide" my Phantom about 2 miles away from my house so I could find it. After riding around the area for a while the locator picked up the tag's signal (the transmitter attached to the drone) and the search began. Long story short, I found it in about 30 minutes very well hidden in some bushes, upside down. My buddy was laughing his *** off the whole time I was wandering around the woods. (I had walked past it twice). I NEVER would have found it without the Marco Polo Tracker, not knowing where it was to begin with. Didn't need a phone, internet, or GPS to find it. Just the locator and the tag on the bird. And the tag transmits once activated for over 8 days, and both the locator and tag are rechargeable. You have a lot of money invested in your Phantom and accessories. Bottom line is this guys,................You can't Fix it, unless you can FIND it. And UAVBits.net makes a great saddlebag holder for the tag.

In a hard landing, I suspect the trackers would likely also be damaged, and none of the electronic trackers will help in a water landing, as they aren't waterproof. They aren't a panacea, but they do have their place.

Any TK 102 3D printed mounts out there for the P3 Standard? See them for the A @ P but don't think they work on the S.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4