Trackimo

We are working on a new 3g unit that will work with 3g and 2g everywhere there is cell signal. We expect to be shipping mid-2016 on the new units. We are just trying to put numbers together for the upgrade program. We will not leave any customers behind without a upgrade option to the 3g unit.

We are working on a new 3g unit that will work with 3g and 2g everywhere there is cell signal. We expect to be shipping mid-2016 on the new units. We are just trying to put numbers together for the upgrade program. We will not leave any customers behind without a upgrade option to the 3g unit.

Thank you for your post.
I bought my unit 2 weeks ago and was disappointed to learn it wold be soon be unusable.
So seeing your above post is great news.
Thank you for doing the right thing for your customers.....

Reactions: pomonabill220

I just received one of these yesterday as a birthday gift. Am I better off to simply return it and wait for the new one, or install and wait for the upgrade? What timeframe are we looking at and or cost differential. For me this is time sensitive...

u free first year of service and then it's $5/yr afterwords:
ah ha! $5/YR?????? NOT $5/MONTH
Wouldn't it be WONDERFUL if it WAS 5 per year though!?!?!?

I just received one of these yesterday as a birthday gift. Am I better off to simply return it and wait for the new one, or install and wait for the upgrade? What timeframe are we looking at and or cost differential. For me this is time sensitive...
Shep
We are hearing now that the 2g sunset from AT&T is going to be delayed well into next year and maybe even further. T-Mobile has stated that they are not sunsetting 2g at this time (we run on either network) and they don't have a hard date yet. Many home alarms use the 2g network, so they need this fixed first. You will not have any issue using your Trackimo "as it is" for the next foreseeable future. Hope this helps.

Shep
We are hearing now that the 2g sunset from AT&T is going to be delayed well into next year and maybe even further. T-Mobile has stated that they are not sunsetting 2g at this time (we run on either network) and they don't have a hard date yet. Many home alarms use the 2g network, so they need this fixed first. You will not have any issue using your Trackimo "as it is" for the next foreseeable future. Hope this helps.
Is there any link you can share to confirm this 2G network shutdown delay? And what's the status on Trackimo 3G-capable device mentioned in your post above? Is it on track for release in mid 2016?

I agree. This is good news, but it also seems very speculative. I don't want my kids to spend money on a device that "might be OK" for a year or so. Any links?

flyingag.com has the holder for them to put on your bird company is in California they ship fast
2016-02-26 15.13.25.jpg

Reactions: pomonabill220
Response from Trackimo regarding 2G network longevity:

Doug,

Thanks for your interest in Trackimo.

AT&T originally announced that they will discontinue the 2G network by 2017. However, they have decided to extend the 2G network until 2020 but all along they will be transitioning their towers to 3G. Trackimo will create a program that allows the consumer to “trade in” their 2G devices for new 3G devices for a small fee.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Jim Prandine
Vice President of Sales
Trackimo Inc.

This should put most people at ease. At least it did for me.

Reactions: dirkclod
nice i really like my trackimo

Reactions: dhaiken
still wondering how they are going to handle the old ones we have

Reactions: Buzz rabbit
flyingag.com has the holder for them to put on your bird company is in California they ship fastView attachment 48939

I also 3 D print a similar style holder for the Phantom3 A and Professional. Actually my holder is a bit better as it has a top horizontal piece that comes higher up.

Upgrade path from 2g to a new 3g purchase, existing customers will get a $xx discount, please call us and ask 1-844-223-8145 8-5pm M-F

Question: Will the dimensions on the 3 G unit be the same as the 2 G unit? This becomes important if one wanted to use a 3 D printed holder on their Phantom.

just got off phone with them had no clue about a discount or signal dropping first of the year are going to check into it and get back with me geee really

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers