Trackimo Tracker

Reaction score
Hey guys

Those of you that are using the Trackimo Mini GPS Tracker, how and where did you mount it to the P3?

Is there a holder you can buy?

Just thought for the money this was a good idea, if it lands on the land and not on water that is lol

I have the one from Gimbal-Guard and it works perfectly.

IMG_1308_zpsdlgebiaj.jpg

IMG_1310_zpscvbbdrkl.jpg

Reactions: Mr.Spock
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1444589632.495142.jpg

Have mine zip tied. Also have a holder I need to put on. Make sure to add it to the opposite side of the compass.

I wanted to keep it as light as possible so I ziptied it under the belly behind my gimbal. Access to the power switch also. I have a P2, but this applies to the Trackimo so I thought I would give my input.

I wanted to keep it as light as possible so I ziptied it under the belly behind my gimbal. Access to the power switch also. I have a P2, but this applies to the Trackimo so I thought I would give my input.
Unfortunately in our P3A/P3P, there is this optical-visual module behind the camera-gimbal. So unless we don't use this optical feature and disable it, tying the Trackimo there is not an option.

Oh that's right... Sorry I forgot about the great feature the P3's have!

From what I've gathered, trackimo will no longer work in the US after Jan 2017 because 2g gsm networks are shutting down. I'm not 100% sure on this, just suggesting one looks into it further

I have a 3D printed mount coming that I found on Ebay, it appears to mount between the two legs near the top.

From what I've gathered, trackimo will no longer work in the US after Jan 2017 because 2g gsm networks are shutting down. I'm not 100% sure on this, just suggesting one looks into it further

The Trackimo website says the tracker uses PCS1900 for cellular communication, and I've read that it uses ATT as the carrier. I don't think PCS1900 is going EOL, it's listed as 3G.

Trackimo spec:

upload_2015-12-19_20-35-48.png

Cellular carriers and their technologies:
upload_2015-12-19_20-42-34.png

Last edited:
Mine uses the stock velcro and I pulled the sticky tape on it and put it on the Carbon Fiber gimble guard on the left side against the landing leg behind all of the camera. This way it can be taken off and charged.
Photo0.jpg

and this is from the trackimo website saying 2G.
confused?
Plus I called them and spoke to a rep., and he said 2G as well.

Attachments

• 1-best-tracking-device.jpg
    1-best-tracking-device.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 399
I did a little more looking and on wikipedia, dated Dec. 16 2015, T-Mobile is not planning to shut down their 2G networks, but everyone else is.
Here is the page: 2G - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
about 2/3rds down the page under 2G shutdown...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1