Trackimo models

Reaction score
I know this subject has been beaten to death, but before I order I notice there are two different models

trk-100 is 10grams lighter
https://www.amazon.com/Trackimo-TRK-100-Universal-Personal-Tracker/dp/B00JP5X698

and then this model TRKM002
https://www.amazon.com/Trackimo-TRK...=UTF8&qid=1471365346&sr=1-2&keywords=trackimo

both look the same, the first one is lighter a little.

Are they the same? what's the differences? do they both do 3g? or both 2g only?

Thanks
there both the same is only one size trackimo

nevermind, just looked up 2g service for at&t, they are shutting down their 2g networks

nevermind, just looked up 2g service for at&t, they are shutting down their 2g networks
yes make sure you get the new 3g trackimo

off amazon just ask seller if its 3g one I will also check for you

yep that is the one I have to change mine maybe if they drop 2g signal for good
2016-02-26 15.13.25.jpg

call trackimo they due make it came out few months ago

I have the Trackimo and honestly, even though it works fine, I'm not impressed. It seems like I am always charging the battery for a long time when it needs to be charged and then the next thing I know is that I am getting emails telling me that the battery is low and then the location is off by 100' give or take. But this could be caused because it's inside the house, but still, it's way off. Then if I am flying over water or into a place where it will never be retrieved from, I leave it off. Basically, for most of the flying that I do, which is close contained shots, it isn't needed. I get tired of finding it dead all of the time even though I've charged it and turned it off.
So personally, when this thing dies, I'm going to switch to Marco Polo. It costs more but because I am flying in the bottoms of canyons where gps isn't always going to be available, it's worth the extra -
https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B014C3P230/ph079-20

yea thats just ridiculous in price IMO , 100 bucks or so isnt bad

but looks like anyone with the trackimo won't be using it any time soon.

also, I was only planning on putting it on once in a while, when I do a long distance flight or something.

also, I was only planning on putting it on once in a while, when I do a long distance flight or something.
I don't have any problems with mine plus trackimo is going to upgrade to new 3g one for people that have 2g right now

It's expensive but after using the Trackimo for the last year, I'm just not WOW'ed by it's capabilities, you know :)
Basically, where I fly there isn't any cell service, so the Trackimo doesn't work because the phone won't work either. Here in the deep gold bearing canyons in California, the cell service is non existent, so if I had known at that time - that in reality - my only choice was the Marco Polo, that doesn't need cell service to begin with, I would have bought it. My chances of losing my UAV's where there is cell service or in a place where Trackimo will work is non existent. Basically I don't fly near or around cities and here in Northern Cal, the cell service is really spotty.

true, I'm finding more and more people on this board live off the grid.
a lot of us though, we have plenty of coverage, I couldn't find a place with no coverage at all.

Marco polo is cool, but only a range of 2 miles, if I'm beyond that im lost then. I guess hope you walk into the area and it starts beeping.
Then again I would have to worry about someone picking it up, so the marco would be beeping and the person would know about it and take it off.

Really wish I could find the 3g version

true, I'm finding more and more people on this board live off the grid.
a lot of us though, we have plenty of coverage, I couldn't find a place with no coverage at all.

Marco polo is cool, but only a range of 2 miles, if I'm beyond that im lost then. I guess hope you walk into the area and it starts beeping.
Then again I would have to worry about someone picking it up, so the marco would be beeping and the person would know about it and take it off.

Really wish I could find the 3g version
you did you already posted it 3G - Trackimo GPS Tracker - 1 Year GSM Service

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl