Trackimo and compass calibration

Reaction score
After several short flights days before, I put a Trackimo on my P3S and tried to calibrate the compass. After several attempts failed to calibrate the drone, I shut the power off on the Trakimo and the compass calibrated on the first try. Tomorrow I will attempt to turn it on after calibration and see if the drone behaves normally or not.

Has any one else had this happen to them, and if so, is flight affected by thr tracker?

Do not fly until you have a good calibration with the Trackimo on. The calibration should be done with all the systems powered up.

Where do you have the Tracker mounted? Make sure I isn't on the leg that has the GPS antennae.

Do not fly until you have a good calibration with the Trackimo on. The calibration should be done with all the systems powered up.

Where do you have the Tracker mounted? Make sure I isn't on the leg that has the GPS antennae.
I have it mounted with one of those 3-D printer holders that goes between two legs. It is on the side of the phantom where the antenna with the leg is. Should I move it to the opposite side? Is that far enough away from the antenna?

I don't think so. That's a pretty standard place to mount it. Just remember that if you calibrate with it off and get a good calibration as soon as you turn it on you will be completely off.

I don't think so. That's a pretty standard place to mount it. Just remember that if you calibrate with it off and get a good calibration as soon as you turn it on you will be completely off.
Are you saying that I must achieve a good calibration with the Trackimo turned ON and that if I turn Trackimo ON after a good calibration, the calibration will or might go bad?

I don't seem to be able to achieve compass calibration with the Trackino turned on. Will the status page indicates a compass fault if I calibrate it with the Trackimo off and then turn it on, or will I see a flight behavior that is erratic, or worse, have it just fly away?

The compass is in the base of the landing gear. On the Rear, starboard side of the Phantom. You want to have the tracker away from that area.

Will the status page indicates a compass fault if I calibrate it with the Trackimo off and then turn it on, or will I see a flight behavior that is erratic, or worse, have it just fly away?
You could have a compass error if you introduce what is the equivalent of magnetic interference (turn on the tracker) after a calibration.. I would keep working on the location of the tracker until you can get a calibration.. Are you calibrating in a good space? Have tried moving to a new location to calibrate?

You could have a compass error if you introduce what is the equivalent of magnetic interference (turn on the tracker) after a calibration.. I would keep working on the location of the tracker until you can get a calibration.. Are you calibrating in a good space? Have tried moving to a new location to calibrate?
I read that IMU is directly connected with the compass . I went to the same flying location and calibrated the IMU module. I then calibrated the compass witty the Trackimo off. I then recalibrated the compass with the Trackimo on. So far so good. I then brought the phantom up about 3 m and then forward across a field about 100 m and back like I always do to check stability, only this time, when it was out and hovering, I reversed pitch and it started to land instead of coming back. A message on DJI app said the motors had reached their maximum. I took the Trackimo off and it flew just fine for two batteries.

I don't know if the message about the motors occurred before it landed because when it landed it flipped over in tall grass and the motors were apparently still on because when I picked it up they started up full blast. Only CSC would turn it off.

Problems seem to occur whenever I use the tracker. I'm baffled.

Ive got nothing. Sorry. I don't know why it would be so problematic.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Paul Schulze
I have used lots of trackers and have never had one on the same side as my compass but have had one in-between the rear skids on a holder
where the compass is located . Normally I have them strapped to the bottom of the skid on the opposite side .
I do know if you ever move it from one place to the other you better do the dance or you will be looking for your bird .
Hopefully your tracker works :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik