Trackimo 3G available...

Help maybe on the way. There is new device that is supposed to be released in July called Ping. Here is the URL: Ping - The World’s Smallest Global GPS Locator

Hopefully this will be solution for all of us.

Donald Barar
From what I can gather about the Ping, it is going to have a 5-10 report time...that's a lot..Trackimo can be set to every minute..So technically 5-10 minute is not realtime.

From what I can gather about the Ping, it is going to have a 5-10 report time...that's a lot..Trackimo can be set to every minute..So technically 5-10 minute is not realtime.
I think with the PING unit you can turn off constant reporting to use a "sleep mode" and extend the battery charge to 3 months. Then, if you lose the craft you can wake up with your cellphone to locate it. I'm thinking that makes the most sense, since 99.99% of the time I don't need the device telling me where it's at. Why is report time important? Why does one need real time reporting? Am I missing something?

upload_2017-3-8_21-34-15.png

Sometimes on autonomous missions you can lose sight of the bird and it helps to know where it is...that's basically all real time is needed for.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1