Trackers who's got what and what do you think

Reaction score
I just got a Marco Polo tracker waiting for the rain to stop then going to do a test in a ten sq. mile area to see if I can find it. So what have you used or tried let us know about it thanks

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I use XGPS TK109b paired with H2O wireless SIM card and it has been flawless. The location it returned has been dead on within 10-20 feet. I am surprised how well it works. Of course it depends on cell coverage but I'm happy with it.

I use XGPS TK109b paired with H2O wireless SIM card
I tried exactly this combination and had to return the tracker. Where I live (Boston area) there is almost no remaining 2G coverage, only 3G and LTE, so the TK109b never saw any cellular towers. Before buying one of these devices you should verify 2G, as well as when it may be discontinued.

I tried exactly this combination and had to return the tracker. Where I live (Boston area) there is almost no remaining 2G coverage, only 3G and LTE, so the TK109b never saw any cellular towers. Before buying one of these devices you should verify 2G, as well as when it may be discontinued.
I'm from Connecticut so being near a major city and 1 billion airports and heli pads I have to notify before I fly I'm curious gow a 900mhz band tracker will work

I don't expect that the 900 MHz ISM band would be as crowded as 2.4 GHz, and ought to have decent range due to the lower frequency. In an urban area there might be competition from Z-Wave home networks and other unlicensed users. If you're thinking of getting the Marco Polo system, buy from Amazon so that you can return it within 30 days if you find the range is disappointing.

I've been attracted to the Marco Polo approach, but can't stomach $219.00. If I were flying a professional drone with a multi-thousand dollar camera I'd definitely spring for one.

I don't expect that the 900 MHz ISM band would be as crowded as 2.4 GHz, and ought to have decent range due to the lower frequency. In an urban area there might be competition from Z-Wave home networks and other unlicensed users. If you're thinking of getting the Marco Polo system, buy from Amazon so that you can return it within 30 days if you find the range is disappointing.

I've been attracted to the Marco Polo approach, but can't stomach $219.00. If I were flying a professional drone with a multi-thousand dollar camera I'd definitely spring for one.
I have many drones and just ordered a p3 so being able to swap from each is convent I just ordered it from acesdeals.biz they even do layaway plans so super easy. I almost had a fly away due to some cheap props check out my youtube account if you want I also make reviews on most products I buy on my youtube account you can check it out if you want youtube.com/bryonheath

I have the Marco Polo and I'm not terribly impressed with it. It is about as cheaply made as possible, the screen prompts are very primitive but it does work. It has nothing like a two mile range in my environment (heavily forested but very low radio frequency background). It does have the added bonus of being a pet tracker if you need that functionality and it does not require a cellular signal or a monthly subscription. The on board transmitter is small and light and has good battery life.

All and all, it's OK. They should either cut the price or improve the build quality but it's a niche product.

I haven't tried it yet but being a pilot and having friends with helicopters Im interested in seeing if the tracker will work from a aircraft too in locating a tracker beacon

I'm using a Trackimo. It's easy to setup and use. It would not be a good option if you do not have cell service where you are though.

I have a little RF-V16. I've tested it and it works well. The only problem is that, after 3.5 months, the power button stopped working. It was powered on and I couldn't get it to turn off. It keeps making calls while it has power, so it costs you money.

It's supposed to have a two year warranty, but the woman at the manufacturer keeps trying to wear me down and give up on getting it repaired or replaced. For that reason alone, I wouldn't buy another.

I have the Marco Polo and I'm not terribly impressed with it. It is about as cheaply made as possible, the screen prompts are very primitive but it does work.
I don't know how you're judging this, but for a low-volume product the cost of quality plastics can be prohibitive. I'd be interested in looking inside and judging quality from the point of view of the essential functions. I'd rather have a dependable tracker than a snazzy industrial design or a fancy UI.

Reactions: Bryonheath
Where I fly the most there is no cell service so I use Marco Polo. I wish the power button on the RC tag was a bit easier to turn on. I've had to use it once and the distance was only about 400 feet away when the bird came down on the other side of a tree row at dusk but it did get me there.

ok if you Don't like the trackers listed above here is another one.
this is the one that i use in my free flight models.
30 mile range in the air and 3 mile range on the ground.
works like Marco Polo.

Just got my Marco Polo the other day just mounted it to my p2v+ on the gimbal guard looks good and I modded my case for the tracker
Here's a link to my video unboxing and mounting

befb96850e640d669a60d1253b12c947.jpg

ed539dc8d653021ec81da977017bf44b.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member