Trackers: this one saves your **s

Doesnt the FAA frown on flying beyond line of sight?

Yes they do, but since "I have them on speed dial", said nobody ever, I'd be more concerned about losing the drone than the FAA watching to see if I, me, they, my neighbor, can still see it. The only real reason I keep mine in sight, besides the FAA Rules & Regs, is so if I auger it in I have a general idea where it's at. I use a Trackimo, by the way. Works like a charm.

I've got $1.99 I'll give to any who wants to write an app that will read the last known GPS point from the flight log on my phone and give me a geocaching type compass and distance to it. Seems like a crazy easy thing to do for a programmer, one I'm surprised isn't in the DJI app yet.

If you find your fallin phantom with pilot app, you wont go buy a new one[emoji41]

And this is why we can't have nice things. And we wonder why the FAA come down on Quadcopter operators

What problem
I apologize for my comment. I find it disconcerting that operators insist on fly above and beyond line of sight. As I see it, what is the need to fly that far out. I volunteer with 2 emergency services organization and the only time I can see the justification for flying beyond LOS is search & rescue. This is just one of many issues we face that has driven the public and FAA to crack down on bad operators. It only takes a few to damage the hobby for the many. IMHO

@Ken Hanks What difference do it make if u fly LOS or not? I can fly just as good either way. I think sometimes I fly better FPV than LOS due to depth perception.

@Ken Hanks What difference do it make if u fly LOS or not? I can fly just as good either way. I think sometimes I fly better FPV than LOS due to depth perception.
Gotta think from outside in and not as a pilot. Public see's a device flying around and no pilot....they become our "Conspiracy Theorists" Quadcopter bad, RC aircraft good belief. Hey, I admit that I fly out of LOS in my neighborhood. But, I'm not flying 1+ miles to set some record...thus creating more issues with FAA due to "US" not complying within the rules.

Have you Ken personally ever during your volunteering w/ two emergency services ever seen a uav in flight while on the call. Please answer honestly?

I guess I didn't read my own message. My plan is to use my drone in support of those emergency services that I volunteer with. I see a great force multiplier, rapid incident size up, damage assessments and searching for lost individuals.

I guess I didn't read my own message. My plan is to use my drone in support of those emergency services that I volunteer with. I see a great force multiplier, rapid incident size up, damage assessments and searching for lost individuals.
You didnt answer the question Ken. Please answer!

They didn't give the Phantom 3.1 mile range to fly strictly VLOS. As I have said in other posts the Phantom isn't like RC of old where you had no contact with the aircraft save VLOS & were therefore compelled to fly VLOS only. With full telemetry & live HD FPV these are a different animal entirely. Why do you find it acceptable to fly beyond VLOS for search & rescue but not for any other purpose? If it is safe to do it for S&R then it seems it would be safe to do it for other ventures as well. Something I find perplexing & rather infuriating is people to demanding more government control & regulation over themselves. o_O

I apologize for my comment. I find it disconcerting that operators insist on fly above and beyond line of sight. As I see it, what is the need to fly that far out. I volunteer with 2 emergency services organization and the only time I can see the justification for flying beyond LOS is search & rescue. This is just one of many issues we face that has driven the public and FAA to crack down on bad operators. It only takes a few to damage the hobby for the many. IMHO

Doesnt the FAA frown on flying beyond line of sight?

Speaking of FAA, maybe one of you can help this 'newbie' with registration information. I got my Phantom 3 at Christmas and only recently flown it; but, recall seeing somewhere that it needs to be registered. This info is not in the User Manual???

Also, would like to know best/quickest way to get blade protectors for it.

Thanks for any and all help. radd

Have you Ken personally ever during your volunteering w/ two emergency services ever seen a uav in flight while on the call. Please answer honestly?
Answer Ken!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl