Tracker

Reaction score
I've been looking at trackers online, so many options out there Even on eBay and quite cheap. Some have the ability to be hardwired. So what's the best option to go for from your experience guys. is it possible to be hardwired? Some require Sim cards basically like a phone,Will this not affect the Phantoms GPS. How much will it affect the drones flight time with the extra weight and power.

Hey Turbazz,
There's many to pick from and everyone here has a different one they like . I use a TK102B and has served me well .It is around 57 grams and have really never checked how much time it takes off from my flight time and really don't think it's much and don't really matter to me as I think ya need to have something whatever ya get .
A lot use Flytrex and drone-Mods and just to many to list . It does require a card but most do .
Does not affect the GPS but when you do put one on you need to do a full compass calibration or if you move the location of where you put it you need to do one . You will see a lot more info on trackers if ya put in trackers here https://www.google.com/cse/publicurl?cx ... jku2ysgyhi

If you use a hard wired tracker, you may find that it disconnects if you crash, so you may not get a fix as to where it is.

The TK102 and its many clones can be had for $25 or less and pair with a sim card, make a cheap and quite reliable tracker.

They use GSM signals to send short text messages and use their own GPS for location. Mine is accurate to better than 3M - probably even less! It is set up to send a signal every few minutes as soon as a battery is inserted and if I send it an SOS command, it will continue to do so until I tell it to stop, or the battery goes dead. I can also call it and listen to the audio, which is useful if you cannot locate it visually or someone has walked off with it. The battery is good for 20-50 hours.

It won't interfere with the quadcopter, so your only challenge is where to mount it! Mine sits on a bracket at the front of the quad which also moves the camera forward to clear the legs.

Hey Turbazz,
There's many to pick from and everyone here has a different one they like . I use a TK102B and has served me well .It is around 57 grams and have really never checked how much time it takes off from my flight time and really don't think it's much and don't really matter to me as I think ya need to have something whatever ya get .
A lot use Flytrex and drone-Mods and just to many to list . It does require a card but most do .
Does not affect the GPS but when you do put one on you need to do a full compass calibration or if you move the location of where you put it you need to do one . You will see a lot more info on trackers if ya put in trackers here https://www.google.com/cse/publicurl?cx ... jku2ysgyhi
Thanks!

Reactions: dirkclod
ok if the marco polo is to much for you try this one that i use in my free flight models.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik