Tracker? Good value for money.

Reaction score
Just been reading Leon 001 post about fly away and Phantom lost. There have also been numerous others before this. I don't want to sound like a smartass, but before my P3A arrived first week in May I read many posts re flyaways, nearly all involving P1 and P2, and decided a tracker was a MUST HAVE. I know not everyone has cell phone coverage in their location, so my experience doesn't apply. (there are other types of tracker for non-cell phone locations). My choice of tracker is a TK102b, cheerfully cheap to buy, and only $5 Australian for a simcard (Amaysim), the $5 lasts 3 months, then a $10 top up 3months and so on every 3 months. It has saved my P3A once so far, so it has paid for itself already. How did it happen? Read on...I decided to see how far out the quad would go, my best to that day was 6300ft. So I took off from Dolls Point Botany Bay Sydney, east over a stretch of water and continued at 30mph over Towra Point wetlands. At about 9300ft I was happy with that, didn't have the app crash, so turned around and headed home. Saw that it's only hitting 16mph on the return, there must be a headwind. Then the app crashed, and by the time it rebooted I figured I won't get back to the starting point, it will go down in the saltwater. Even though it's not deep here, it's winter and water temperatures are not inviting so I looked for a set down spot and with about 3 seconds of battery power left it landed without any damage. At home I checked the Google map co ordinates and pinpointed exactly where it had landed. It was high tide when this happened, but next morning on my recovery mission it was low tide and the area was unrecognisable, at least 80 metres of sand and shallow water to cross before any dry sand was visible. at the second attempt I found the P3, sitting lonely waiting for help to arrive! The TK102b can be programmed to warn of low battery level via SMS, as well as track vehicles, their speed, track pets, children, equipment, etc. etc. A magnetic base is also included. Hope my experience can help others decide a tracker, whatever brand, is well worth the cost.

Reactions: mmjax
I'm pretty sure that magnetic base thing shouldn't be near the Phantom. I'm not sure exactly what you mean by that.

I just received my trackimo unit this morning. I'll have to see what it's all about today.

I'm pretty sure that magnetic base thing shouldn't be near the Phantom. I'm not sure exactly what you mean by that.

I just received my trackimo unit this morning. I'll have to see what it's all about today.
You are correct...there are two bases supplied, naturally I don't use the magnetic one! Just pointing out the many other uses for this particular tracker.

Reactions: REBELimgs
Just been reading Leon 001 post about fly away and Phantom lost. There have also been numerous others before this. I don't want to sound like a smartass, but before my P3A arrived first week in May I read many posts re flyaways, nearly all involving P1 and P2, and decided a tracker was a MUST HAVE. I know not everyone has cell phone coverage in their location, so my experience doesn't apply. (there are other types of tracker for non-cell phone locations). My choice of tracker is a TK102b, cheerfully cheap to buy, and only $5 Australian for a simcard (Amaysim), the $5 lasts 3 months, then a $10 top up 3months and so on every 3 months. It has saved my P3A once so far, so it has paid for itself already. How did it happen? Read on...I decided to see how far out the quad would go, my best to that day was 6300ft. So I took off from Dolls Point Botany Bay Sydney, east over a stretch of water and continued at 30mph over Towra Point wetlands. At about 9300ft I was happy with that, didn't have the app crash, so turned around and headed home. Saw that it's only hitting 16mph on the return, there must be a headwind. Then the app crashed, and by the time it rebooted I figured I won't get back to the starting point, it will go down in the saltwater. Even though it's not deep here, it's winter and water temperatures are not inviting so I looked for a set down spot and with about 3 seconds of battery power left it landed without any damage. At home I checked the Google map co ordinates and pinpointed exactly where it had landed. It was high tide when this happened, but next morning on my recovery mission it was low tide and the area was unrecognisable, at least 80 metres of sand and shallow water to cross before any dry sand was visible. at the second attempt I found the P3, sitting lonely waiting for help to arrive! The TK102b can be programmed to warn of low battery level via SMS, as well as track vehicles, their speed, track pets, children, equipment, etc. etc. A magnetic base is also included. Hope my experience can help others decide a tracker, whatever brand, is well worth the cost.
Trackimo!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers