Reaction score
Another one of my many newbie questions...

On my P4 (when it is turned off) is it okay to hold the camera and move it around?

I tend to do this after each flight in order to clean the lens filter and dust-off the camera and gimbal. I also seem to move it quite a bit when attempting to put on the stock gimbal guard.

Yes.

Reactions: SoCalDude
As usual, thanks @msinger!

On a somewhat related note, I've left the stock gimbal guard on a couple of times when starting the aircraft. As soon as I turn it on, hear the chimes and notice that the guard is on, I quickly turn it off and remove the guard.

Should I be concerned about any damage?

The couple of times I've done this, I have recalibrated the IMU and gimbal...just in case.

Last edited:
It's ok, I've done it a few also. Get the red check before you fly keychain and attach to gimbal guard to remind you

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: The Famous
I've always been gingerly with my camera gimbal as well as this is my first Phantom, but on Youtube you see so many people just picking up their Phantoms and flicking them around and handling the camera. I have become more comfortable but still handle it with care. I've also left the gimbal lock on once and never had any adverse effects.

It should be fine. A lot of people do that.

Reactions: snowghost

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20