Totaled my phantom 3 in a crash this morning

Link to the video flight recording.

See anything ? And no it really wasn't in the trees like it appears
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1433971196.239586.jpg

Pic shows the clearer flight path. I was just going to take a pic of my neighbors house

Link to the video flight recording.

See anything ? And no it really wasn't in the trees like it appears View attachment 21641

Pic shows the clearer flight path. I was just going to take a pic of my neighbors house

on board video? What surface did you take off from?

No telephone poles. All the power lines are buried, probably near the end of the driveway. Don't know if it would be a problem, just an observation.

My culdesac has been my go to practice area since I purchased my 2 in 2013. Never had the slightest issue that wasn't caused by my inexperience.

No on board video. I was going to take some photos of my next door neighbors house -

And no the calibration didn't work. However the connection was made, the camera tried to get in position but it can't get itself turned over. I reached out to DJi support but haven't heard back.

Do you guys think there's any chance they will help me out with repairs. I'm not the greatest pilot in the world but I've flown enough to know this wasn't a normal occurrence

The calibration failed because the camera lens is upside down from the force of the crash. The lens is physically unable to right itself because something blocks it from turning over.

I extracted the flight log. I'm going to try and share it here hoping someone can interpret the results. I'm not sure what I'm looking for

I'm sorry for your loss. I would advise you to check out this thread on this site " phantom 3 malfunction and crash". I had my P3 for about two weeks and it went down like it was thrown from the sky. On the thread I mentioned there were two other people that had something similar happen to them and all of us posted videos on that thread showing what our machines did with no pilot input they all came crashing down. I've been digging thru any forum site I can find on p3 crashes just to spread the word on these types of crashes so they can be documented. Call me conspiracy theorists but I think DJI phantom 3 may have some glitches. Well to make a long story short my drone is at dji for repairs and they have had it in their possession longer than I've owned it, unless you count the time I waited to receive it. Lol [emoji41]. Contact dji and send it back for warranty and wait

Open the app and select "user center" then select the icon that looks like an arrow in the center. Post it here so we can help ya figure out what happened.

I am a new P2V+ pilot. What App are you referring to? I can't find the user center on the DJI vision App.

Larry

Not being sarcastic at all, I feel for you. I have had some near misses and now realize what I personally have to do to keep my Phantom 3 Pro safe. If I crashed mine like yours I would be puking as I coughed up the next six payments. So sorry to read this happened. I hope you get a fix at a decent cost and turnaround time.

I am a new P2V+ pilot. What App are you referring to? I can't find the user center on the DJI vision App.
Hi Larry .. you've wandered into the Phantom 3 sub forum.
The P3 (and the Inspire) has it's own app .. DJI Pilot.
It's quite different from the Vision app.
It looks like this ...
i-FJhvwz4-M.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav