Total RC Newbie - QUADframe Gimbal install issues

Reaction score
I am a DP who is trying out aerial work. The DJI Phantom is a test to see how well I can work with a multi-rotor platform. So far, I am failing the test miserably. Long story short, I installed the gimbal and something is VERY wrong, and I need help.

Here's what happened:
1. I installed the gimbal.
2. I connected the "roll" servo to port F1 and the "tilt" servo to port F2 on the Naza
3. I launched the Naza Assistant software and turned "Gimbal Switch" on.
4. I turned on the controller.
5. I connected the battery to the Phantom.

At this point, the gimbal did a hard roll and froze there. I immediately disconnected the power to avoid frying the servos.

I went back and disassembled the Phantom. I removed the connectors from the Naza.

1. I launched the Naza software.
2. I turned on the controller.
3. I connected the battery to the Phantom.
4. I turned the "Gimbal Switch" on in the Naza Assistant software.
5. I connected the the "Roll" servo to F1

The gimbal did a hard roll again and froze. I disconnected the servo.

I connected the "tilt" servo to F2 - nothing happened.

So, I have a "roll" servo that goes haywire and a "tilt" servo that does nothing. The documentation is sorely lacking from both Naza and Quadframe. At this point I thought it would be wise to seek help from the community, before I completely destroy my new tool before it ever has a chance to fly.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Thanks Gildo-

I followed the settings illustrated. I connected the Phantom, connected the battery and the gimbal locked in the roll again.

I feel like there is some simple step that I am missing. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Gildo-
I found the problem. I re-installed the drivers and the NAZA Assist. When I did, the firmware was updated. The gimbal is working now. Thanks for your help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1