Total newbie with a dodgy phantom v + please help!

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Im Darren from Deal in Kent ,I've just become the proud owner of a vision + after seeing my brother with his phantom 2 flying for a few months , I saved up the money and bought a +.
Happy days so i thought set it all up ,calibrated under the watchful eye of my brother and went for my first flight in a local park, well it started off well and got it to hover but it was kind of erratic and seemed at head height it wanted to land as it would go down to to six inches and then go up again.
So we calibrated some more, satellites were from 6- 10 up and down , but hovering was very gittery ,slight odd movements, we came to the conclusion something was a miss, looking at the screen with the phantom hovering about 7 foot up and about the same away from me it said on the screen i was 142 foot away and altitude was 23 foot up !.
I am starting to pull my hair, any help would be most grateful

cheers

Darren

Maybe false home lock for distance. Foil mod it to be safe. More sats the better.
altitude is sea level. Goto the beach and check the altimeter there.

Listen hook it up to the assistant software, check that the compass mods are between 1200 and 1800, then click on basic calibration, then do and advanced calibration (you may get a warning half way through saying its too hot, ignore and press ok) this can take a few mins. Bring it back out to the field, do a in the field compass calibration, make sure you arent doing it over concrete or metal, grassy area would be prefared. Make sure you leave the tx, car keys, mobile phone around 10ft away from the phantom when doing this. Let me know if that helps.

Was an IMU calibration part of the calibration you did? If not, do an IMU calibration in the support software first... make sure its level (just leave it on a table or whatever) and make sure the compass mods are between 1200 and 1800, as mentioned by someone else above.

Don't do a foil mod at this point... it shouldn't be necessary, although it fixed some P2V+'s with problems, I think DJI has sorted it out in the more recent production runs.... plus it sounds like you are getting satellite lock, correct?

Get it a little more than head height... get in the 10-15 feet range and watch it. When it's that low (under 6 feet) it could be a little more susceptible to interference, and it may think you are landing it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20