Total Newbie Question

Reaction score
A buddy and I just got our Phantom 2 Vision yesterday, and took it for a short flight at the local high school football field today. What fun!

But when we returned to download and look at the video, we Googled and read through the DJI documentation and couldn't find the answer to a question so simple that it's embarrassing to ask. But here we go:

How do we get the video off of the camera and on to a Macbook Pro? Do we simply need a MiniSD adapter, and simply pull the MiniSD card from the camera, input into the computer, and go from there?

Or is there a piece of software provided by DJI that will do this for us?

Flame away, but surprisingly, we haven't found the answer!

I've never even seen a Vision in person,
not sure if the camera can take a mini USB (like Gopro) cable to connect straight up to a computer or not.

But since it has a MicroSD card, then yes, you'd want to get a card-reader that can accept MicroSD.
-or, some cards come with standard size SD adapter, so that you can insert the Micro SD into the SD adapter, and then you essentially have a SD card that can be inserted into an SD card reader.

Just use a micro SD card adapter and insert into your Mac Pro Book. Drag the file to your desktop and let it download. Double click then watch your video. If you really get into it then do a simple edit in iMovie. Fun! Good Luck...BTW you can plug in your USB cable into the Phantom and download that way as well.

.BTW you can plug in your USB cable into the Phantom and download that way as well.

That's what we tried, thinking the Mac would recognize it as a hard drive, but nothing happened. That was the confusing part!

I know we can dismount the card from the camera and mount it to the computer... but is there something we need to do to just plug a cord in and download the videos that we are missing? Some setting or power configuration on the Phantom that isn't intuitive?

Really appreciate the feedback. Thanks!

I use this card reader, it works great.
http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-ImageMate ... ard+reader

I think the MBP has an SD card slot, yes?
If so just put the micro SD card into an SD adaptor and put that in your MBP card reader and you should be fine.
You can also transfer files via wifi from the Phantom to your phone but this takes a long time compared to a card reader. Its fine for images but slow for video.

Two more things.
If you forget to stop recording your video then it will not finalize. Plug your card back into your phantom and power it on for about thirty seconds. Power it down, take the card out. You should be good but the last few seconds of the video will be cut off.
Also, If you shoot in RAW for you stills, you will need either adobe camera raw or adobe lightroom to read them. jpg files can be read by just about anything.

Have fun flying.

matt84532 said:
A buddy and I just got our Phantom 2 Vision yesterday, and took it for a short flight at the local high school football field today. What fun!

But when we returned to download and look at the video, we Googled and read through the DJI documentation and couldn't find the answer to a question so simple that it's embarrassing to ask. But here we go:

How do we get the video off of the camera and on to a Macbook Pro? Do we simply need a MiniSD adapter, and simply pull the MiniSD card from the camera, input into the computer, and go from there?

Or is there a piece of software provided by DJI that will do this for us?

Flame away, but surprisingly, we haven't found the answer!

did you press stop on the screen before shutting off the phantom? if you didn't, then the video file was not finalized and will not play on your computer.

sorry..just re-read your question..yes you need a micro sd card reader..but still, make sure you press stop on the screen before turning your phantom off when recording video!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20