Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Total n00b question, but here goes nothing...

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by stinkeye, May 6, 2015.

1. stinkeye

I'm not sure of the best way to ask this, so I'm just going to ask it like I'm thinking about it in my head....

Is there a way to fly the P3 around (let's say my neighborhood for example), and tell it - i'm going to control your heading, but I want the drone to stay at 250 feet no matter what direction I point you in. Sort of like cruise control for altitude. Is such a thing possible? Thanks in advance!

2. Mal_PV2_Ireland

Yeah sure, just take off straight up to your desired height and leave it at that height then move wherever you want and just don't adjust the height :)

3. stinkeye

OK thanks! I guess I'm just used to my old Syma X5-C1 because anytime you pitch it forward with the right stick the altitude would drop pretty quickly without giving it some throttle at the same time.

4. Meta4

Meta4 Moderator
    Staff Member

Watch some videos of the P3 or P2s to see how they work. They are much more advanced than the X5.
    You're in for a treat with a P3.

5. mmee1992

When you pitch forward or backwards the quad automatically adjusts altitude to keep it the same. As long as you don't touch your climb descend stick.

stinkeye likes this.