Torquing DJI's Nuts?

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there are specifications for torquing DJI's nuts....specifically the motor mount nuts and the nuts that close the bottom and top of the shell?

I am not aware of any nuts, there are screws, but the are no torque specs that I have seen.

Haven't seen any but I do know it's a good practice to loosen all the screw in the arms and re-tighten to feal. They are really tight from factory and users find some cause stress cracks at the engine mounts after getting warm. Olsen them and then snug em seems to help as a preventive.

Hey Roy, I just changed my shell and that's exactly what I did...just snug them up. I left my Popeye arms off this time because I know I over-torqued last time I took off the prop guards for good and put back the stock screws.
I got spider cracks all around one arm pad and the beginnings on the other three. Btw, I recommend everyone change their own shell. It was a great learning experience. Just take plenty of pics.

Learning to do the work on these quads can be a gratifying experience. Glad you were able to change out the shell. It's a major undertaking but good experience in the technical arena. Give you the know how to make a lot of your own repairs. That means you can now really classify your self as a pilot. Happy Flying!

Love the title of this thread..... I for an instant thought you were complaining about DJI service.

.....a mind is a terrible thing when it's been wasted - ROFL!

Does anyone know if there are specifications for torquing DJI's nuts....specifically the motor mount nuts and the nuts that close the bottom and top of the shell?
I have been inquiring about this too... dji released the torque wrench specs on the inspire why not p3?

I have been inquiring about this too... dji released the torque wrench specs on the inspire why not p3?
I don't think anyone here has the why not answer-- rhetorical question, I assume:D:D

Be very aware that standard blue locktite attacks plastic. They do make one specific to plastic.

Haven't had any issues with loose screws I have however, had a couple of issues with tight nuts on a couple of my flights when flying GS and 15 minute autonomous flight felt like forev er, glad to finally hear the bees buzzin!

Snug them up with a drop of locktite and your good.
I believe there is a whole post dedicated to not using Loctite it's not recommended with the DJI plastic! And from my own experience early on I took everything apart to paint the shell and used blue Loctite when reassembling and within a month all the spots I used it on the plastic around the holes deteriorated! I recommend from experience not to use Loctite , just snug em up

When I put prop guards on and removed the shorter stock screws, they had locktite on them from the factory. Just saying.

Just to add to this. I have 2 Phantoms that I put quick release prop guards on that I secured with just a touch of Locktite. The comments above surely peaked my curiousity. I took 2 on each of the Phantoms off to inspect the plastic in the screw wells. With a magnifing glass I looked carefully and saw no breakdown of the plastic at all. Actually the Locktite didn't seem to contact the plastic at all. I used very little. That being said, I think I will stay on the side of caution and NOT use it in the future. The plastic itself is slightly plyable and adds a bit of back pressure to the screw head that will probably be enough to keep them tight if snugged a bit. Maybe a monthly "snugging" instead of Locktite. Thanks for bringing that up DirtyBum.
Jack

Last edited:
I know these are metric screws, but they are very close in size to a 4-40 screw. The spec in our shop is a range of 5-7 inch-pounds, which is in line with the "snug 'em up" reccomendations I have seen above. And for qulifacation, been working in the aerospace industry over 10 years.

Reactions: bobmyers
There are many types of Loctite. Use the type made for plastic as DYI apparently does.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4