Toronto/ GTA

Nice!!!

To my wife's credit, she let me keep the one I bought (hehe)

As for flying, flying open areas is smart, but flying tight spaces slowly is also a great way to 'feel' your bird. It's the controls and response latencies you want to get a feel for. It's way different than simply going forward and reverse.

Many of the issues I have noticed is flyers not giving enough time for their craft to bleed the momentum out of their maneuvers and smack into objects, walls, trees, branches, etc. Being vigilant in this regard can prevent hard braking which can lead to losing a prop and in some cases complete control.

This is a great site full of do's and don'ts; too many to mention here. Avail yourself of the many thoughtful and knowledgeable posters and... enjoy your new found delight.

Cheers
Recommend you think about getting a small cheap quad to practice with. Great to get comfortable without having to rely on GPS. I've flown any number of quads and flying the P3A is so much easier.

In Oshawa - at least half the year. Other half we are snow birds. Haven't been able to fly since we got back to Canada in April. I was hoping to get out this weekend but if you are from around here - it's brutal weather this weekend. I was thinking of joining the Whitby Aero-Modelers in Brooklin but that means I need to join MAAC and I am already an AMA member. We'll see - can't fly where we are as we are only 1.5K from Oshawa airport. Need to get down to the lake or maybe Scarborough by Toronto. A lot of the area is NFZ.

Fred

Hey folks .. :)

I’ll be 68 next month and my wife bought me a Phantom 4 for my birthday. I’ve never flown any of these things, but both my wife and I are private pilots and we had our own plane for many years.

We're in the n/e GTA up in the Ballantrae area north of Stouffville. Our street is pretty heavily treed, so I'm not sure where I can go to learn to fly this beast in open terrain, where I can minimize my chances of losing it or running into obtacles.

If anyone lives up my way and knows of good public accessible areas to fly, I'd appreciate hearing from you ..

Thanks...

Regards
Doug

Hey Doug,

We have been chatting via email about your transmitter mod. Just checking in so you know me on the forums as well !!

Cheers my brother !!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hey Doug,

We have been chatting via email about your transmitter mod. Just checking in so you know me on the forums as well !!

Cheers my brother !!

Thanks partner.. :)

Jake is shipping me the components I need to do a "no holes" install, so when they arrive, I may need your help..

Regards,
Doug

Thanks partner.. :)

Jake is shipping me the components I need to do a "no holes" install, so when they arrive, I may need your help..

Regards,
Doug

Yessir !!! You have my info !! Keep me posted !!! [emoji6][emoji106][emoji106]

Hello from Hamilton...
In case anyone's looking for additional batteries, Amazon.ca has P3 batteries on for $160 today. Just came across it and thought I'd share.
Listed under lightning deals.

Hi. I'm wondering, Is there any Drone Pilots in Niagara area? Would like to meet up.

Hey guys, I forgot to share here !! MaxxUavCanada is open !! I'm in the GTA and try to ship (if in stock) within 24hrs !! I also have just started a Facebook page .. I'm going to do a contest soon regarding long range flights for us in Canada !! www.facebook.com/MaxxUavCanada

Welcome !!!! Don't be shy !!

Hey folks .. :)

I’ll be 68 next month and my wife bought me a Phantom 4 for my birthday. I’ve never flown any of these things, but both my wife and I are private pilots and we had our own plane for many years.

We're in the n/e GTA up in the Ballantrae area north of Stouffville. Our street is pretty heavily treed, so I'm not sure where I can go to learn to fly this beast in open terrain, where I can minimize my chances of losing it or running into obtacles.

If anyone lives up my way and knows of good public accessible areas to fly, I'd appreciate hearing from you ..

Thanks...

Regards
Doug

Great Bday Gift... I used to live in Stouffville but moved back to Markham. I just picked up a P3A and anxious to learn. Just learning to fly it low at the moment in beginners mode.

Congrats on your new drones. I have been flying quads for about 6 years. I am in Oshawa and recommend joining a local flying club. I just joined Whitby Aeromodelers in Brooklin. They have a nice big field to fly in and plenty of drone flyers who can help beginners out. Of course a pre-req is being a member of MAAC. My wife and I live in a motorhome and spend part of the year in Florida and Georgia so I am also an AMA member (and have my FAA registration). It's nice to know that I always have a place to go and fly whenever I want that's relatively close by. I also suggest considering buying a cheap drone to practice on. Although these things practically fly themselves - when something bad happens it's good to be able to react instinctively and that only comes with practice. For example the Hubsan X4 which you can pick up at banggood.com is a pretty good choice. Good luck and feel free to reach out with any questions.

Fred

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20