Toronto/ GTA

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm looking froward to find some fellow Phantom owners in Toronto and GTA area. I live in central Mississauga.

Lets meet up

Eddie

New P3P owner here

Hope to add to my web site; sports and events mainly. But want to be as prepared as I can, by sharing knowledge and experience.

Thanks, Paul. photos.grottoli.ca

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

10 degrees, very little wind and the sky is blue??? I can't say no. Going to take my p3a out for its first real flight this afternoon.....hurry up and charge **** battery!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Mississauga as well .. Welcome all

GTA area here as well. Just started a website called Www.GTAdrones.com would like to meet other pilots in the area. Send me some of your vids and pictures taken in Ontario. I'll post with credits to you.

GTA area here as well. Just started a website called GTAdrones.com would like to meet other pilots in the area. Send me some of your vids and pictures taken in Ontario. I'll post with credits to you.

Cheers keep us posted!! I'd love to check out your website !!

fc071bb8b19cba206dc070cd0573b4fe.jpg

Lake Ontario, near the adamson's estate in port credit. It was really awesome lighting when I snapped it, full Raw format. And a few tweaks to some levels in Photoshop.

I'm in Scarborough, new phantom 3 Pro owner and would like to fly with some other Phantom/quad owners. I don't have the greatest health atm so I have tons of time to fly my quad.

Come down to the lake one day !

Reactions: grottoli
Could do.

Have a buddy I play hockey who blurts out the other day, my drone is out for warranty work. What kind? , I asked. P3P.

You just never know who's got'em.

Let's chat. I'll let Dave know

Cheers

Reactions: KyleMaxxUAV
After many successful flights, the other day I installed the latest firmware upgrade and Go App. It installed successfully, and before I took it to a park across the road to confirm it was all operational, I successfully recalibrated the compass, the camera gimbal, and the IMU. The GPS locked on 16 satellites. At the park I used the automatic takeoff button on the RC, letting it hover for a minute as recommended.

Surprise, surprise, surprise... when I pushed forward on the left stick (altitude control - up), nothing happened. Nothing happened when I pulled back on the control to land. Pushing left and right on the left stick had no effect.
Similarly the right stick control was not working. However, the automatic land button worked fine.
I tried this several times but although the RC takeoff / land buttons worked, the joy sticks had no effect at all.

In desperation, I re-linked the RC and went out to try again. Miraculously, it was all working again.

I'm baffled. If the RC link to the Phantom was dead, how come the takeoff and landing button worked?
Clearly, there is something I don't understand about the unit.

I am keen to meet any other Phantom 3 users to share knowledge and experience. I have passed my name and number to the originator of the Www.GTAdrones.com website and suggested organizing a coffee meetup.

Mike

Last edited:
Don from Etobicoke,
Picked up a $799 P3P from PixelHub on Ebay

Haven't flown it yet. I am buying a cheapie from TSC to practise on before I fly my DJI. Also expect to fly at cottage in Muskoka

Reactions: grottoli and UpTo90
Hey folks .. :)

I’ll be 68 next month and my wife bought me a Phantom 4 for my birthday. I’ve never flown any of these things, but both my wife and I are private pilots and we had our own plane for many years.

We're in the n/e GTA up in the Ballantrae area north of Stouffville. Our street is pretty heavily treed, so I'm not sure where I can go to learn to fly this beast in open terrain, where I can minimize my chances of losing it or running into obtacles.

If anyone lives up my way and knows of good public accessible areas to fly, I'd appreciate hearing from you ..

Thanks...

Regards
Doug

Reactions: Capt. Joe
Hey folks .. :)

I’ll be 68 next month and my wife bought me a Phantom 4 for my birthday. I’ve never flown any of these things, but both my wife and I are private pilots and we had our own plane for many years.

Thanks...

Regards
Doug

Nice!!!

To my wife's credit, she let me keep the one I bought (hehe)

As for flying, flying open areas is smart, but flying tight spaces slowly is also a great way to 'feel' your bird. It's the controls and response latencies you want to get a feel for. It's way different than simply going forward and reverse.

Many of the issues I have noticed is flyers not giving enough time for their craft to bleed the momentum out of their maneuvers and smack into objects, walls, trees, branches, etc. Being vigilant in this regard can prevent hard braking which can lead to losing a prop and in some cases complete control.

This is a great site full of do's and don'ts; too many to mention here. Avail yourself of the many thoughtful and knowledgeable posters and... enjoy your new found delight.

Cheers

Reactions: BadgerDog

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic