TOP TRICK FOR YOU ALL! No props and legs in the picture

Reaction score
I fly the phantom and when filming you do not whanne have the props in the picture and wenn you look down with the gopro
you get the legs in in the picture on the left side is it?
YES you all have that! i am sure aboud that

situation:

a little wind and you look down with the gopro you have the left leg (left) in the picture when the wind comes from the left

second: wen you look forward and you fly a little to fast the props are in the picture

ok and now it comes.... the solution!

first always film in medium mode put the gopro in medium!

Turn the baseplate of the gimbal around not the gimbal selfe, only the baseplate, the plate that is on the phantom whith two screws, not the plate that's on the gimbal!
YOu have to plates so you only turn you plate that goes on the phantom not the plate that is on the gimbal.

What you get is the gimbal is a lot more forward,then when you turn the base around put 3 washers under the plate and the two screws have to be two new longer ones, the baseplate comes down just a little, what you get is the door for the battery still opens!
and your gopro is a lot more to the front!

No props and legs in the picture anymore.

ps: sorrysorrysorry for my englisch

I never had a problem with either the legs or the props. There's no special need to modify anything if you mount it up properly. Here's your proof.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_T80U-n ... e=youtu.be

I'm guessing some people LIKE to have the props in the frame. Kinda gives a sense as to what is doing the filming?? :|

PF

I think the "trick" mentioned is for people who use a gimbal.

Hard mounted, it's easy to keep the props and legs out of the frame even in wide angle mode.

Oops. Seems you are correct. My vid was sans gimble. Still, it shouldn't take much ingenuity to exclude fixed parts of a quad copter out of the frame of your camera.

PF

PhantomFan said:
Oops. Seems you are correct. My vid was sans gimble. Still, it shouldn't take much ingenuity to exclude fixed parts of a quad copter out of the frame of your camera.

PF

You can easily get the legs out of the frame by using an after market landing gear with a wider stance.

As for the arms, you have to either limit your forward elevator input or you can try to move the gimbal around to get the best position. But for the Phantom's size, you have very little to work with.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.