Top Speed

Seems I recall the DJI manual giving a top speed (35mph? I cant recall) but with a note that said "not recommended"

Im not sure why?

I got the answer on the full throttle battery burn anyway... in the video below... full throttle out and back ... 40mph while ascending as the motors will spin a bit faster for the climb... 30mph while returning and descending as the motors slow a bit to scrub altitude...

Landed at 26% battery and total time in the air including takeoff and hovering around a bit before landing was 14 minutes...

On the heating subject... we have an advantage... 4 giant high speed cooling fans strapped to the top of the Phantom with air ducts conveniently located to pass air over the ESC boards and evacuate that air with exhaust ducts placed below... at the end of a 14 minute full throttle burn the phantom doesn't feel any different than any other flight...

You wanna feel heat? Try leaving it turned on while you are doing Phantom assistant software settings or whatever ... yeah ... try leaving it on like that with no motors running for 45 minutes and then feel the upper gimbal housing ... I learned my lesson on that one... if your gonna leave your P2V+ powered on for extended periods without motors running... leave a fan blowing on it to keep things cool... The Phantom's electronics rely on that airflow more than the open frame quads that bleed off heat easier.

vyoufinder said:
Here's a TEN mile flight. Looks like the operator is flying from a car. Cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBj3ntfzCxg

I love that video... watched it when it first dropped and have kept my eye out for a spot to try the same type of thing here in Florida ... actually found a few different places but it never works out with my buddy to do the chase car with me... :evil:

andersonpaac said:
vyoufinder said:
I can easily hit 11 meters per second, which is about 55 mph in GPS mode.
Your math is wrong 11 meters a second is 24 mph

Yupp.. 24.61 - ish to really be picky :ugeek:

DBS said:
vyoufinder said:

I love that video... watched it when it first dropped and have kept my eye out for a spot to try the same type of thing here in Florida ... actually found a few different places but it never works out with my buddy to do the chase car with me... :evil:

andersonpaac said:
vyoufinder said:
I can easily hit 11 meters per second, which is about 55 mph in GPS mode.
Your math is wrong 11 meters a second is 24 mph

Yupp.. 24.61 - ish to really be picky :ugeek:

It's starting to make sense to me now why people are flying by me on the freeway like I am standing still.

vyoufinder said:

Amazing, especially with the Dashware overlay with his Flytrex data. I always calculated the Vision+ could travel about 8 miles on a full battery. I would never have guessed it would have made it 10.25 miles, though I used a slower speed of 30 mph in my estimates. His was a GoPro setup so it was heavier than a Vision+. He still had 9% battery left when he landed, and only came down when he reached his geofence limit. He may have gotten another mile out of her! ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.