Top speed?

Reaction score
What's the fastest you've gotten your phantom? 55.6 miles here..
11da566920fc070f5aa10ac75aa1ac74.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I found that if I look at the same information on an Android compared to IOS there is a difference...0n IOS it showed 30.1 MPH and on the exact same flight on Android it showed 43.7 MPH. When I uploaded to Healthy Drones it showed the same speed as IOS. So as of right now 30.1 MPH.

The other day I got my phantom 3 pro up to 80.3 miles per hour (not kilometers by the way). There was a strong wind and I flew into it. I had a hard time going over 27 mph into the wind and then I turned around and went about 1000 feet at full speed in alti mode. Highest speed recorded was 80,3 MPH. Unbelievable. That's the fastest I have gotten it in a year of flying. My previous mark was 63 in a lighter wind. Down below is the proof.

Last edited:
For the love of god people lol. TOP SPEED on your apps are NOT accurate. They should just be used as estimates while flying to asses things.

A tiny fraction of distance inconsistencys while "pinging" a satellite can cause a huge difference in mph on the app.

For example - If your bird pings satellite A at distance 0, then 1 second later pings it again at a foot away...it will say 30 mph on the app. However if your bird pings satellite A at distance 0, then a tree or plane or just some interference gets in the way for a second, and your bird travels 2 ft before the next ping, the GPS thinks it moved twice as far so the app will say 60 mph.

It's a little more involved than that but you get the hint. A SMAL tiny little change can cause a huge difference. It's not accurate at all.

Last edited:
For the love of god people lol. TOP SPEED on your apps are NOT accurate. They should just be used as estimates while flying to asses things.

A tiny fraction of distance inconsistencys while "pinging" a satellite can cause a huge difference in mph on the app.

For example - If your bird pings satellite A at distance 0, then 1 second later pings it again at a foot away...it will say 30 mph on the app. However if your bird pings satellite A at distance 0, then a tree or plane or just some interference gets in the way for a second, and your bird travels 2 ft before the next ping, the app will say 60 mph.

It's a little more involved than that but you get the hint. A SMAL tiny little change can cause a huge difference. It's not accurate at all.

Don't be a buzz kill, next thing you are going to say is when the altitude states 200' it's not, it's 20'?? I've been flying for some time and info isn't always 100% but not far off, dji's ingo is pretty **** close

Don't be a buzz kill, next thing you are going to say is when the altitude states 200' it's not, it's 20'?? I've been flying for some time and info isn't always 100% but not far off, dji's ingo is pretty **** close

Well thank you Mr knowitall. I've gone 138mph with my P3. Rubbadolphin has gone 200mph...The top speed of a P3 under a controlled setting is about 30 mph. Anyone with a speed over 70 is INACCURATE period. There is no arguing, it's wrong. Simple as that...I just explained in simple terms exactly how it can be very wrong. Go read a book and learn about Doppler shift and civilian GPS based speedometers. Then come argue with a Pro...

Last edited:
Johnny,

Nope.

When you can hold that 80+ mph speed over 15 seconds AND swipe the screen to get a screen shot, I'd say that GPS speed was reasonably accurate.

That, and the wind was going nuts that night. In ATTI mode I had several "drifts" over 40 mph, which is why I even attempted the "speed run".

At 100 feet the wind was much slower but still a real handful to make a graceful hand catch at the end.

AD

60mph with a good tail wind on a P3P.... and I maintain it for a while before returning and try it again .... there could be a glitch that show a hyper speed for a sec but when you can hold it for a while it's close to reality or at least it's good to compare with others using the same system....

Can't wait to try the modified firmware that bring the p3p to about 60mph with no wind so should go way over with wind :)

60mph with a good tail wind on a P3P.... and I maintain it for a while before returning and try it again .... there could be a glitch that show a hyper speed for a sec but when you can hold it for a while it's close to reality or at least it's good to compare with others using the same system....

Can't wait to try the modified firmware that bring the p3p to about 60mph with no wind so should go way over with wind :)
HI man your now at p4 speedI got pic of speed but somehow not accurate I been told,
20170310_141439.jpg
p4

Moded firmware on the p3's should leave the p4 in the dust by about 10mph at least ... but won't get to far pulling this much power from batts .... external batt it's the way to go....

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20