Top Pilot new Android app

Reaction score
Hi guys...

After three months of hard work, and hundreds and hundreds of kilometers of test flights, now available for download Top Pilot.

Discover the real experience of FPV for your DJI, maximum speed and simplicity.

★ Feature Highlights:<br/>
[✔] Full screen video cache, available on Android 5.0 and higher.
[✔] Display the individual voltage of each cell voltage in main screen.
[✔] Two smart alerts, if one cell is below of 3.50v or if cells are unbalanced. Now you can flight safe, your phantom not will be drop with a fail battery.
[✔] Google map with aircraft position.
[✔] Recording of advanced flight logs and synchronization with healthydrones.com.
[✔] Smart home status for the return calculation.
[✔] Screens help the aircraft calibration, low battery and critical battery.
[✔] Etc ...

The first goal of Top Pilot is safety in flight, besides having the best experience possible FPV, maximum fluidity and reality

You cand download in google play:

Top Pilot DJI Phantom/Inspire - Android Apps on Google Play

Intro video:

Test flight:

Thanks for watching, free feel to ask or request new features or alert of bugs.

Happy christmas.

Happy new year 2016 guys !!!!

New version 1.2.0 was released, this is the changelog:

- Map with three design.
- Fixed minors errors

Any support for the additional flight modes, such as waypoints, POI and follow me?
Yes, New flight modes will be release in next verions, but before exits a important backlog with a lot of features.

Stay on touch

So it does far less then the DJI Go app.... at a $10 premium. Can't say I understand the price point.

I will try to explain because Top Pilot is better than DJI Go in several points, depends your priority of course :)

1. Is better than DJI GO in FPV experience, more softer and image quality, for me this is the most important.

2. Is better than DJI GO in safe flight:
2.1 Top Pilot has a video cache in full screen with ALL telemetry
2.2 Top Pilot you can see all voltaje cells, very important with faulty batteries, of DJI
2.3 Top Pilot has two smart alerts, voltaje cells are checking that are working fine, the pilot will be forewarned before the crash and will be landing the phantom
2.4 Top Pilot has a full logging system with healthydrones.com, the best web to check phantom logs

DJI GO has dozens of options that only few users use, Top Pilot has only the most important options for all users.

Top Pilot has only 1 month of public live, in the next months i will add more awesomes features.

I'm a indie android developer, also and professional android developer since 2009, all my applications are friendly user, and most importantly, users are listened to their suggestions and complaints, many of the features that top pilot is by comments from its users.

You can participate in the development of TopPilot with your comments and suggestions, i'm very happy read and reply all mails from users.

I will forward a little secret, next versions of TopPilot will be include a exclusive and awesome feature, a checklist of pre-flight safety, What do you think about the idea ?

This is one example that the users can contribute to Top Pilot, one user write to me, say me, Rober can you include a checklist preflight ? I answered, YES OF COURSE, is great IDEA.

I hope that with this a sort explanation you can see that because Top Pilot is a good chance.

Cheers

rober

Reactions: plasrobin
New version 1.2.6 was released, this is the changelog:

- Fixed error in Android 6.0
- Configure altitude of return to home
- Added actions with buttons C1 or C2 or C1 & C2
- Fixed minors errors

New version 1.2.6 was released, this is the changelog:

- Fixed error in Android 6.0
- Configure altitude of return to home
- Added actions with buttons C1 or C2 or C1 & C2
- Fixed minors errors

i would love a pre flight checklist!
great job!

The most important part about multicopter flying is being safe,

And doing a good pre-flight check

As no other app does this it is by definition unique and definitely a new feature

A good battery analysis feature or overview is important two

And if you could integrated these features of uavforecast i would definitely buy it!

UAV Forecast - Android Apps on Google Play

Last edited:
Reactions: alucine
Yes plasrobin, firts goal of Top Pilot is flying is being safe, but also the best FPV experience with a new features that only Top Pilot has.

You can read my mind ? Weather forecast is another feature in my changelog :)

I'm working in pre-flight check, firts the most important the list check to flight, i would like that no more than 10, after is important the behavior of this new window, user can skip this window ? or is mandatory check done all before go to fpv screen ? is one user not checked all done can be fly ?

i would like to suggest that you perhaps have a tab in the settings screen where you have a plus and a minus sign where you are able to add or delete a row, a user could then edit this row to add it's custom checklist with a option to turn off and on a message or splash screen, when starting top pilot, preferably in that same splash screen you could have a tab or overview section where the weather and kp index is displayed. the splash screen should have a dismiss option. no need to have check marks just a overview, feel free to contact me trough this or pm if you feel like talking about this, i have tons experience with beta testing and things like that

Last edited:
Yes plasrobin, firts goal of Top Pilot is flying is being safe, but also the best FPV experience with a new features that only Top Pilot has.

You can read my mind ? Weather forecast is another feature in my changelog :)

I'm working in pre-flight check, firts the most important the list check to flight, i would like that no more than 10, after is important the behavior of this new window, user can skip this window ? or is mandatory check done all before go to fpv screen ? is one user not checked all done can be fly ?
How many channels does this app have?

Are there any functions that still needs the go app to perform such as IMU calibration?
For IMU calibration you must use DJI GO, DJI SDK not support this function to third party application.

Only you must imu calibration after a soft crash or after upgrade your phantom

Promotion Collaborates with Top Pilot:

- What is it? Make a suggestion for a new feature that has neither DJI GO or Litchi, and you would have had Top Pilot.
- Deadline ? until 31 January.
- Prize ? Top Pilot license to the winner.
- Process, once the period finalized, recopilare all suggestions to assess the winner, the winner will be published on Wednesday February 3.
- Limitations, the suggestion should be something realizable, that is, it would not be something like that Top Pilot connect with NASA servers to see if it is safe to fly.

You have to post your suggestions in this post, then I'll have to validate whether it meets the rules and achievable in Top Pilot.

I would like a app that lets me record my voice over screen capture for naratating or future editing.
Also being able to roll the gimbal not just pan
Also have a map with active airports marked with contact info for each airport
Here's my entry

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I would like a app that lets me record my voice over screen capture for naratating or future editing.
Also being able to roll the gimbal not just pan
Also have a map with active airports marked with contact info for each airport
Here's my entry

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
I will include one option to record the voice with the video cache, is a nice improvement !!!

The gimbal rotation in ph3 is limited to -90 degrees to 30.

If with your ph3 you cann't flight near of one airport, is important info contact ?

I will include one option to record the voice with the video cache, is a nice improvement !!!

The gimbal rotation in ph3 is limited to -90 degrees to 30.

If with your ph3 you cann't flight near of one airport, is important info contact ?
I'm the usa we have to notify airports if your flying within a 5 mile radius it would be nice to look at a map see if there are any airports if there is click on it and there phone number comes up or something like that

would this app be able to work with the vision plus too as I have a tendency to fly that one more?

i would love a audio notification with a interval, letting the app give voice output with battery status distance hight ect

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik