Top 1/5th of video flashes

Reaction score
All my videos have an annoying flash at the top ~1/5 of the video. It is a 1 second black flash. Any ideas of a cause or how to stop it?

Please post a sample video so we can see what you're describing.

It might be props. Check your Gimbal Settings > Advanced > Gimbal Tilt Limit and make sure it is off.

Definitely not the props. It's definitely something with the video. Can't upload mp4 file to show you or so I'm told!

Upload your video to YouTube and then post a link here.

Wow... Never seen that. Is this new? When did it start?

Phantom 3 Pro / iPad Air 2

No Bueno. Is that video coming straight from the sd card?

EDIT: Just saw your video. NOT prop shadows.

Sounds like prop shadows. If you are flying into the sun the props cast shadows on the camera lens. Try panning down a bit or turning away from the sun. Does it go away? If so then it is normal. A ND filter will also help as will avoiding flying directly into the sun.

All my videos have an annoying flash at the top ~1/5 of the video. It is a 1 second black flash. Any ideas of a cause or how to stop it?

I can't remember but I think it came from my phone. Is there a difference? I don't think sun is a factor as it happens during overcast as well. But I did just find out that it is not on original footage... it's only when I make a 6 second clip in the app editor. Wonder why?

I can't remember but I think it came from my phone. Is there a difference?

A big difference. The video streamed to your phone is 480P (or something like that) and the video in the bird's card should be a much higher resolution (depending on settings) and not streamed. If you're pulling this off your phone it could be caused by weak radio transmission due to distance or vegetation (like the trees).

I'd say you've discovered your issue. The footage you use to edit and render should always be from the card direct. As stated before it has the highest resolution and least amount of artifacts. The phone video is strictly for a quick review of your footage.

Ah-ha... Post the video from the card. I'm betting it will be different.

I'm just using the app from the phone as designed. Is there a recommended program for use on a PC if you pull from the sd card?

If it is because of video from my phone, why does it only happen once I make a 6 second clip and not when viewing original footage on the phone? Have you seen this before (the process of making the clip creates artifacts or other anomalies)?

If it is because of video from my phone, why does it only happen once I make a 6 second clip and not when viewing original footage on the phone? Have you seen this before (the process of making the clip creates artifacts or other anomalies)?
I will answer a few questions at once. I use a linear editing program adobe premiere. It is fabulous there are several other options out there that are more reasonably priced.

What does the raw footage from the application look like?

What are the settings you are using to shoot the videos? Size, framerate

What are the settings you are using to output your video? Are you rendering the video at the same size and framerate?

Since you say it is not on the original footage... Which is really a good thing. I'm going to bet your problem lies in matching the original video and framerate to the video you are rendering out. If you are shooting 4K 24fps make certain you render out (output) video at the same framerate. You can change the size but if you change the framerate it can cause synchronization issues like what you are seeing in your videos.

Long story short it is probably an issue n your video workflow.... Not a Phantom issue.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20