Toooo long to take a photo..

Reaction score
Hi guys ,

Every time i press the picture button on the app, it takes about 7 to 8 seconds to take it.
The screen goes all black for 7 / 8 seconds :shock:
I'm using an iPhone 4s shooting raw , normally doing panoramas with 4 to 6 pictures. Not a good experience when the phantom is out of sight.
Is it normal? Is there anything to get it better?

Thank's

Geert said:
gilmbento said:
Hi guys ,

Every time i press the picture button on the app, it takes about 7 to 8 seconds to take it.
I'm using an iPhone 4s shooting raw , normally doing panoramas with 4 to 6 pictures. Not a good experience when the phantom is out of sight.

Thank's

Hi,

It takes indeed some time if you shoot in RAW picture format.
There is not much what you can do about it.
You can check the write/read speed from your SD card.
You can also find more information about shooting in RAW/DNG here : viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6890#p53700

Geert./.

Thank's Geert

gilmbento said:
Hi guys ,

Thank's

Same here both with P2V and V+. Perfectly normal.

CBS

Switching to JPG only will speed it up to almost instantaneous but you will be losing out on the quality of the RAW photo in the long run. I have learned to just deal with the longer wait for the better quality photo.

This may be off topic but I'm getting my v+ tomorrow and what is raw mean?

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using my neighbors internet

I agree. It takes far too long to capture the RAW photo. It's not an SD card write issue, as the files are only 25MB. That should take less than half of the time to write to the SD card.

There should definitely be some work done on the software side to make this faster.

8676309 said:
I agree. It takes far too long to capture the RAW photo. It's not an SD card write issue, as the files are only 25MB. That should take less than half of the time to write to the SD card.

There should definitely be some work done on the software side to make this faster.

Amen!

When I shoot RAW, the camera produces both the DNG and a JPEG conversion. I think that some work should be done to disable this conversion, as I don't use the JPEG. I would hazard to guess that the majority of the 8-10 seconds of shooting a raw photo is actually converting it to the JPEG that I don't use.

8676309 said:
When I shoot RAW, the camera produces both the DNG and a JPEG conversion. I think that some work should be done to disable this conversion, as I don't use the JPEG. I would hazard to guess that the majority of the 8-10 seconds of shooting a raw photo is actually converting it to the JPEG that I don't use.

It's cumulative. I agree that we should be able to disable the JPEG.

A good flash card does improve the write speed but not by much.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen