[TOOL][WIN] Offline TXT FlightRecord to CSV Converter

Dear Mr. BudWalker,
Please disregard; I am not familiar with how to navigate these boards/threads/posts very well, not being one for social media. I DID ascertain that the conversion tool I downloaded INDEED appears to be the correct TXT to CSV Conversion tool, am I correct? (I decided to jump back to #1 in the post, and sure enough, there was the URL I referred you to, prior to post #215).

Again, THANK YOU for your assistance!

A.J. Lebeau
Computer Network Systems Administrator/Engineer, (Ret.)
M.C.S.E., M.C.P. + I., M.C.P., CompTIA+
[email protected]
I'm not a Dashware user (and don't want to be) so there are probably some nuances I'm missing in your question(s). I'll try to clarify what I know

TXTlogToCSVtool is a tool written by my friend and colleague @ferraript to convert the .txt to a .csv. The .csv is not compatible with any of the widely used pre-existing Dashware profiles. @Luap developed a specific profile for use with the .csv generated by TXTlogToCSVtool. That profile can be obtained in post #215. AFAIK, there is no .txt to .csv converter that generates a .csv appropriate for one of the widely used Dashware profiles; free or otherwise.

I noticed that you are asking pretty much the same question over on
GUI Version of DatConverter
I'll answer that over there. But, the answer is pretty much the same.

I'm not a Dashware user (and don't want to be) so there are probably some nuances I'm missing in your question(s). I'll try to clarify what I know

TXTlogToCSVtool is a tool written by my friend and colleague @ferraript to convert the .txt to a .csv. The .csv is not compatible with any of the widely used pre-existing Dashware profiles. @Luap developed a specific profile for use with the .csv generated by TXTlogToCSVtool. That profile can be obtained in post #215. AFAIK, there is no .txt to .csv converter that generates a .csv appropriate for one of the widely used Dashware profiles; free or otherwise.

I noticed that you are asking pretty much the same question over on
GUI Version of DatConverter
I'll answer that over there. But, the answer is pretty much the same.
Hello Again Bud Walker,
Well, I indeed tried to accomplish the conversion, then the rest of the steps for the profile, but they seem to be interested in just the flight Map Overview, while I am interested in importing my Video of the flight (either from my tablet or the SD Card) and then synchronizing the two sources with video overlays of Digital Outputs/meters/gauges such as "Distance from Home", "Air Speed", "Altitude", and "Compass Heading" for starters, and anything I can overlay after that is gravy for me. I have seen other examples of this online in a completed format, but unfortunately no one goes about explaining how they accomplished it, or it was done either partly or mostly with Healthydrones.com (now Airdata) and is no longer free, and there is another site that provides similar services, but they keep everything on their site and I'm not sure you can even download your .dat or .txt files once they have been converted. I simply haven't pursued the "Pay to Play" options because I am holding out hope that someone out there has indeed figured out how to do this with either .dat files OR .txt files. There is a LOT of information in both, but I'm not really interested in Post Mortem Crash data analysis, or whether or not my motor revs are correct, or my battery cell status which is what a lot of these solutions I have tried so far seem to be geared toward. Am I correct in assuming that these DO NOT have the option to import the video of the flight and simply add the parameters I mentioned? I have toyed with it for hours and haven't been able to make any headway to speak of.

Thank you again for taking the time to explain what probably seems like common sense to you to a ignorant pilot like myself who is just getting started with the "Post Editing" phase of the drone hobby!

AJ Lebeau

Notice 3: Tool can be also run from command line like this, example:
TXTlogToCSVtool "C:\temp\inputFile.txt" "C:\temp\outputFile.csv" J I

This would seem to be the 'only game in town' for offline processing of TXT logs. Very many thanks!!

I've written a txt2gpx program that calls TXTlogToCSVtool, reads the resulting CSV file, and outputs a GPX file that can then be displayed using both online and offline tools. It includes waypoints for when photos are taken, and also add extension tags so that GPX applications can (for example) change the colour of the displayed track when video is being recorded.

I'm missing one item, however; the .csv file does not seem to have the GPS elevation value anywhere? Have I missed something, or is this simply not recorded by the drone (mine is a Mavic Pro)?

If the latter I'll add to the program the ability to read 3-m elevation data for the start of the track from a file and offset from that -- but it would be cleaner, I think, to use recorded GPS elevation [accepting the limitations of that].

Mike

I'm missing one item, however; the .csv file does not seem to have the GPS elevation value anywhere? Have I missed something, or is this simply not recorded by the drone (mine is a Mavic Pro)?
neither DJI GO nor AC knows exact elevation
but if you know starting point elevation, you can write it into input field and then you'll have correct altitude data in csv too - in column OSD.altitude
this option is not available in command line version

neither DJI GO nor AC knows exact elevation
but if you know starting point elevation, you can write it into input field and then you'll have correct altitude data in csv too - in column OSD.altitude
this option is not available in command line version

OK, thanks. It would be nice to have it as a command line option -- so the CSV would have it -- but I can add the adjustment as I create the GPX, so not a problem.

(This has to work offline as I'll be using it in places with little or no mobile signal or internet access.)

Mike

<sigh> got the GPX output working, but flights recorded today only show one line of data in the CSV file when processed by TXTlogToCSVtool.exe. The .txt files look about the right size, however, and the view flights on the DJI app look fine, too. Sample .txt file attached.

Wondering if this could be due to the recent 'upgrade'?

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2017-05-30_[11-10-45].txt
    170.5 KB · Views: 316
Hello speleo, I have the same problem : My CSV output file has only few lines when I want to decrypt this file... did you find a solution ? ferraript do you have an idea ?

Thanks a lot !

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2017-06-01_[17-09-11].txt
    1.2 MB · Views: 448
after few months, new version is out
- it fixes the problem reported by speleo and skylow
- it brings a few new columns - some of them are droneType/appType dependant, so they might display no values or absurd values
thanks for continuing to support this tool ferraript, i use it on nearly all of my flights. between it and csvview, I'm loving it! cheers man!

after few months, new version is out
- it fixes the problem reported by speleo and skylow

Very many thanks! Attached is a map showing GPX generated using the CSV from your tool (location Warwick Racecourse). Track is shown orange with red centreline where video was being recorded; icons are photo positions and Home location.

Warwick-Racecourse-circuit.jpg

Reactions: Digdat0
Thank you so much ferraript for yout support :) it workd now, amaizing :)

I have a question : what does the "CENTER_BATTERY.serialNo" correspond ? Because I have the value : "196" which is different from my printed serial number... ? Is it possible to recover the printed serial number ?

Just to save me reading two dozen pages.. is the link in your original post a link to the latest release? Cheers.

most probably it's not present in the txt log
It is strange because when I load it on Airdata.com, I can see the real printed serial number "082AD4T0310K4V"
I also find the "196" value as the "Internal Serial" on airdata.com

What does it mean ?

It is strange because when I load it on Airdata.com, I can see the real printed serial number "082AD4T0310K4V"
I also find the "196" value as the "Internal Serial" on airdata.com

What does it mean ?
You already asked this
Why I do not find my battery printed SN on the output file of TXTlogToCSVtool ? It is strange because when I open the raw data file (encrypted) with the Blocnote, I can find the information in clear (not encrypted) : the battery SN is 0DQADBN03104X0

It seams the tool doesn't find the Battery SN information ?

and it was answered
it's not a bug
your TXT log really has empty fields in RECOVER.batterySn and CENTER_BATTERY.serialNo
nonencrypted SN you found is in DETAILS section and the tool doesn't write some of those fields to csv

I can't tell anything about iOS versions except they are different from Android versions

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl