Tool kit for Phantom Quadcopters

Reaction score
Hi, I have put together a few things that I think are real handy to have as owners of Phantom's. I was wondering if anyone has any thoughts. Thanks
Craig

Here is a tool kit for the DJI Phantom line of quadcopters. Included is a

1. 0 Phillips screwdriver that is perfect to remove that little phillips screw at the end of the arms. Also works great inside the shell on the Phillips screws that hold in the Receiver, GPS, main board, Esc units.
2. 2mm Hex Driver to remove all those hex screws that hold the shell together. We do recommend you remove the Phillips screw on the end of the arms first!
3. Propeller wrench. An extra prop wrench so you can always remove those props in the field or at home in the shop. For Self Tightening Propellers!
4. 10 4" Pull Ties. If you must cut the existing pull ties inside the shell (ie, Esc to Main Board uses Pull ties). These are perfect replacements. Larger Pull ties are bulky and not recommended. No Metal!
5. 10 5" Twist Ties. These are perfect to hold in the Gimbal on the Vision or the Vision Plus. Easy to remove if necessary. Especially if you wish to fly without the expensive gimbal/camera on your Vision Plus.

Attachments

• IMG_0767x1smaller.jpg
    IMG_0767x1smaller.jpg
    226 KB · Views: 803
After putting up the above I thought about putting an extra set of decals and a set of those decals that label everything on the RC Transmitter. So, in addition to those tools, etc also an extra set of decals and a set up lables or the RC Transmitter would round out this simple tool kit. Perhaps a little brochure with instructions on how to open the bird and stuff like that.

Wedeliver said:
Hi, I have put together a few things that I think are real handy to have as owners of Phantom's. I was wondering if anyone has any thoughts.

This is a good idea. Here in Mexico it is hard to find a quality 2mm hex driver. Bought what I thought was a nice little set but it was made-in-china crap and I almost stripped out a screw head because of their imprecise machining. Went back to my old allen keys but would love to have a small ratcheted driver.

Additiona I'd recommend would be small needle-nosed pliers and a lens brush to remove dust and dirt from the camera.

Happy flying!

I would add some contact cleaner for the battery terminals. I also use a typewriter eraser in conjunction with the cleaner. This after getting a Battery Communication error and it dropping from the sky from 80'.

Geo

I know its not a tool, but when I travel this always goes along!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1414936884498.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1414936884498.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 626

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4