took off

lake_flyer said:
Bjornh said:
Saved my day, I'm sure I would have flown it into the trees because I always gamble wrong, certainly in these situations.
You should all install a front light on Your FC. Best thing i ever done. Now it is easy to see when front i turned to you or not. Even in Bright sun. Very strong LEDs. On ebay , cost almost nothing. Stick it on with Velcro. Looks cool in the dark too. UFO -

Yeah, good advice and figured that out already :) Installed an insanely bright LED ring from an old cheap fancy flashlight around the FC Cam on the nose. Visible from a great distance and even at broad daylight. Sometimes though, even a bright LED is just nothing when the sun hits it.

where does that light plug in? Directly to the battery?

yes, or one of the Gimbal Channels (on the receiver), or the auxiliary power. But straight to the balance connector of the battery is the easiest way.

Just a quick thought. What is the prop idle speed set at? Is it set to "normal"? If it is set higher than recommended, it might give the same takeoff response. The setting is in the software.

Finally got in 2 flights back to back after advance calibration and the dance calibration and all went well high and low altitude .Home lock checked out ok and failsafe ok also works.I guess I should be ok now.Thanks for all the input.

lake_flyer said:
If you mean calibration by doing the compass dance, that's not enough and will not tell your Phantom the exact declination and the specific compass error at your position. The compass dance is needed when you move to an entirely different location. If you stay in the same area you shouldn't need a compass dance every time, although it doesn't hurt and it will give you peace of mind.

Not entirely the best advice because, while transporting your Phantom it could come into contact with something magnetic that could influence the compass even if you're flying in the same area each time. Transporting in a vehicle can allow the compass to come into contact from the vehicles radio speakers for example can cause compass calibration problems.

Yes your are right.
In fact, after transporting in a vehicle i would always at least do a compass dance. And if there has been contact with a strong magnetic field, like from a speaker, you can't fly at all without degaussing the compass, even the software isn't capable of calibrating without degaussing with a magnet. I wouldn't rely on just a compass dance in that case. I carry a little magnet with me for that purpose, but i don't think i would use it because I don't have have the guts to fly it after a 'in the field' degaussing, without proper readout from the software.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers