+ took a short bath.Camera screen problems.

Reaction score
Bat went dead and the PLUS landed in the water.My wife saved it . We dried it out.While I haven't flown it yet I have run up motors and worked camera.
My only problems is I can,t get my cameras pics.to come up on my Galaxy screen.It takes pics,camera moves on demand and I can down loads pics.
Any ideas?Thanks very much. :roll:

Did you dry it out in a bag of rice foe a couple of day after you took it apart and dried it out ?

Isn't this the same bird reported yesterday in another thread? If so, you are really pressing your luck to continue powering it on before it has had ample opportunity to dry thoroughly.

Are you getting telemetry but no image, or nothing at all? Probably still damp inside the camera/gimbal and/or the Wi-Fi module inside the Phantom. Remove the lid and bury it in dry rice for a few days. Test again. If still nothing, you may need to replace the Wi-Fi module (~$189.00).

I have to second drying thoroughly before powering on. My Vision+ has seen the rice bag 5x's, and so far only lost a battery. If you intend on flying over water in the future, take the shell off and coat as many parts as you can get to with CorrosionX. Even remove the ESC's and coat the bottom (easy enough with only two screws holding them on). I now even disassemble the batteries and coat them also.
Also, was it saltwater or fresh? Mine has always gone in freshwater and never sank deep, as I have flotation. Saltwater is not as forgiving to the electronics. So, resist any further testing and get that huge bag of rice.

One other thing, I covered my GPS unit with aluminum tape and sealed it closed with hot glue, making it totally waterproof. The metal tape was discussed in another thread to improve GPS performance.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers