Too windy at times. IS THERE A SIMULATOR

Reaction score
Hi
Where I liver we do get an awful lot of strong winds, and that puts an end to flying the Phantom. However I have seen various adverts for simulators. I would like to be able to practice flying my Phantom in the comfort of home, but is there such a programme that is more towards the QUADs rather than just planes and helicopters.
Also I read they are controlled from the quads transmitter via a cable. Is this correct ? And for me it would have to be for the PC as I do not have a recent phone. Mine is 8 yeas old and is just a phone nothing else.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

POTO

There is a flight simulator software for PCs that is mostly for RC aircraft, but also a few helicopters including the Blade MQX quad which I have. It actually uses inputs from the transmitter. Not too impressive, especially for $70. I wouldn't say its a very real feeling, but more like a video game. The phantom is so easy to fly that a computer simulation would get dull real fast unless you were dealing with runaways or police bullets (see the post RIP Phantome, amazing)

rather than a video game, perhaps consider one of those little toy quads for flying indoors,
heard you can really pick up good flying skills with those! :D

I agree with Gizmo,
prior to owning a Phantom I learned to fly a quad with a Helimax 1SQ micro quad. Worked great indoors and it even flew outdoors in light wind.

phantomoperator said:
I would like to be able to practice flying my Phantom in the comfort of home, but is there such a programme that is more towards the QUADs rather than just planes and helicopters.

Phoenix and Real Flight simulators are definitely NOT "video games" at nearly $200 each, and both have quads you can simulate. But none of them have the kind of stabilization the Phantom has, so you really wouldn't be learning any thing useful. If you have any interest in quality RC simulations, though, they're the top contenders, and I think they do have value in terms of learning how RC airplanes fly. My personal preference is Phoenix. Both these simulators require pretty high computer specs for proper appreciation.

Far as those real RC quads like the 1SQ go, I find it infuriatingly difficult to fly. My patience runs out pretty quick when I fool around with it. I wouldn't recommend that to anyone.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj