Too much weight??

Reaction score
My fc40. Replaced camera and mount with a feiyu g3 gimbal and GoPro 3+. Went for first flight today and she was out of control. Sinking, hunting for hover, craziness darting. Is this just too much weight for a phantom 1.1.1? Or would phantom 2 props help? Or maybe gain adjustments? Any advice?

Tsayta7722 said:
My fc40. Replaced camera and mount with a feiyu g3 gimbal and GoPro 3+. Went for first flight today and she was out of control. Sinking, hunting for hover, craziness darting. Is this just too much weight for a phantom 1.1.1? Or would phantom 2 props help? Or maybe gain adjustments? Any advice?

Nah,. I've heard of many guys installing that gimbal to their Phantom 1's
(how much does it weigh btw?).

While it was erratic, how long was your flight? should have been around 6-7 minutes I imagine.
larger props most definitely will help extend flight time a bit.
don't think you'd really wanna mess with the gains, but might just take some getting used to flying with a Phantom with a gimbal on it.

Tsayta7722 said:

Do p2 props. Huge help.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj