Too much negativity!

I'm just gonna throw this out there but I don't think 95% of the crash/flyaway threads are negative in any way, sure they start off with an unfortunate experience but I love reading when so many experienced users jump right in and help out with analyzing the data and thus showing the OP what went wrong and how to avoid it in future flights. Reading these threads has helped me immensely by knowing not only what to do before/while/after flying but certainly what not to do and hopefully by taking these lessons with me I save myself from having one of these negative experiences and become a much safer pilot in turn.

Just love my P3P. Sure I had a few puckered moments like when compass error switched to atti mode 3000 feet from shore and 60 ft over Lake Superior (my fault, got distracted and forgot to calibrate for new location). Once I compensated for wind, no problem bringing it home. Truth is.... sometimes the scary moments give the biggest thrill (though I would prefer not to have that thrill again). Like all good things, enjoy it while you can and don't get freaked out by the doom sayers.

Can't wait to take mine up there! I might be over Lake Michigan this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I think that this forum has to take a lot of credit for the ensuring of safe and correct flying procedures, ultimately leading to the extreme fun and satisfaction that this hobby brings.
I have had my P3 Advanced for one week. Having known very little about the hobby, I jumped on here, read, read and did a little more reading, then signed up. Eventually started asking some questions, and continually got good, solid, positive help, no matter how silly I thought that the question may have been.

Everyone is on here for the same reason, we all have a passion for the hobby, and want to enjoy it to its absolute fullest.
I cannot thank this forum enough, and its members for the valuable information in which I have learnt. The small tips and tricks that you read are invaluable.

I love reading positive posts, it not only gives me confidence in the software and hardware that I have spent good money on, but also helps others in understanding that a lot of it comes down to confidence and research.

Here's to everyone having safe, and enjoyable flying!

I think that this forum has to take a lot of credit for the ensuring of safe and correct flying procedures, ultimately leading to the extreme fun and satisfaction that this hobby brings.
I have had my P3 Advanced for one week. Having known very little about the hobby, I jumped on here, read, read and did a little more reading, then signed up. Eventually started asking some questions, and continually got good, solid, positive help, no matter how silly I thought that the question may have been.

Everyone is on here for the same reason, we all have a passion for the hobby, and want to enjoy it to its absolute fullest.
I cannot thank this forum enough, and its members for the valuable information in which I have learnt. The small tips and tricks that you read are invaluable.

I love reading positive posts, it not only gives me confidence in the software and hardware that I have spent good money on, but also helps others in understanding that a lot of it comes down to confidence and research.

Here's to everyone having safe, and enjoyable flying!

Here here!!

I've had my P3P since Christmas.... Probably 50 flights so far and no crashes or trouble. Had a close call on a landing or two and one prop loose warning (@ 400'), that one scared me. I couldn't come down fast enough it seemed!!! All the props seemed tight though. I cant wait to get into some mountains or get to the beach. I've seen some unbelievable videos people have posted and I can't wait to show my own. I honestly believe this is one of the best investments I've ever made. Thanks DJI!

I think the negative posts serve a purpose, at least for me. They tell me that S--T happens, so you cannot take your Phantom for granted. You must be careful in your pre-flight checks, you must be alert and aware while flying, and you need to be level-headed and prepared to act if something does go wrong. You can learn a lot from the mistakes and misfortunes of others.

Reactions: Cale262
I am glad there were so many responses to my thread! I know most of the time when people come here they are looking for solutions to issues, answers to why somethig happened, and help with information gathering. I know before i purchased my phantom i was on here and read thousands of threads. All to get me more prepared for my first flight. And a lot of it scared me thinking it would fly away from me or drop out of the sky. As with any other site- most are from people looking for answers to their specific issues. I just wanted to start a thread that would show other noobs that it actually isnt as bad as you may feel after cruising this board. I do appreciate the vast amount of knowledge on this board and the willingness of others to jump right in and provide a helping hand. Some are here to cause issues but they are just sad little people who waste everyones time and energy.

Today i actually had my longest flight time, longest distance and height. I absolutely had a blast! The wind was kicking east @15-17knots. My best flight so far and cant wait to get up there again!
image.png
image.jpeg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik