Too much negativity!

Reaction score
so i wanted to post a thread with a positive vibe! I have about 25 flights on my p3a and absolutely love this thing! I have been mostly hanging pretty close to homepoint and getting used to the controls. Playing with the yaw, figure 8's, tight turns and low maneuvers. I usually stay away from the trees all around my house but today i ventured out of my comfort zone! Got up to 400" and headed out past the trees and checked out a couple of ponds, checked out some neighborhood lots that are being cleared and new homes built. I got to the point i could not hear it but i still had los but used that time to get used to flying by the iphone. Had a blast! Now i need to invest in additional batteries for sure! A buddy of mine gave me his extra props he had left over from when he upgraded to his inspire. So i had a great day and look forward to pushing my comfort zone and getting more distance and experience!

If i went by how most threads are: crashes, fly-aways, dropping from the sky: I would have been too scared to leave my yard. So hopefully my good experience will help someone else!
image.jpeg

It's always nice to read of others experiencing only Good vibrations from their awesome drones.

Keep up the practice, and enjoy it to the fullest.

RedHotPoker

well lots of times when some one posts some thing that was not a fun positive experience like when some thing goes wrong or they have a crash of course there are going to be more people posting trying to find out what may have went wrong or even as a warning to others not to do what ever they did to cause a crash.

Tho were I tend to see the most posts that are truly negative is the responses to many posts being there are a few people here who have never learned any sand box skills and all they want to do is sit around and stalk the board just looking for people to post any thing so they can go in to there thread and stomp all over it and offer nothing whats so ever to the conversation but negativity and even have had people go as far as the even make very hate filled comments over nothing that should even get any one upset whats so ever. Heck I ever recently seen some one go way off the deep end and even started making anti Semitic comments and went really nuts to the point it was down right disgusting over people just discussing the faa registration thing. Tho it seem completely ok and tolerated by the powers that be hear and any one that even said any thing about it got reprehended.

I am in the same boat,or should I say UAV. I have 15 very conservative flights in, learning to fly the bird safely. I admit all the negativity has me a bit uneasy trusting the software and hardware to work together and fly further out than about 1000 ft. I'm getting there though. It is a blast!

I had my professional for 5 days. Over 75+ flights (I fly daily multiple times a day ) not one hiccup until it finally happened. My p3p powered off and dropped from the sky . Yea it's been repaired under warranty by Dji but been bird less for 3 weeks so far . New bird new rc and four new batteries. All updated at the time to latest fw

Greetings everyone,

This is my first post! First, I love this thread. I too have been reading these daily since I picked up my P3P on New Years eve, and am not going to lie, was kinda terrified to fly again after reading some of the stories. When I do fly now, I am constantly worried about battery voltages dropping, cracks forming around the motor mounts, random flyaways, etc. All of that being said, I took a deep breath and kept on flying.

I have flown it multiple times and am blown away by the amount of technology, the stability of the gimbal and camera in flight, some of the breath taking views I've been able to capture, and how amazing an experience it is. I giggle like a school child when I try something new out and bring the bird back home safely. Now I'm scared that I'll jinx myself, but the OP is correct - we need some positive posts! Thanks for starting this thread, and also for all of the other contributors that have provided many useful tips and advice!

Reactions: SouthernPhantom
I had my professional for 5 days. Over 75+ flights (I fly daily multiple times a day ) not one hiccup until it finally happened. My p3p powered off and dropped from the sky . Yea it's been repaired under warranty by Dji but been bird less for 3 weeks so far . New bird new rc and four new batteries. All updated at the time to latest fw
That's a lot of flights and battery-recharging cycles in such a short time. You can activate a parameter that will show the battery's voltage in the upper-right corner of the main camera screen, right under the percentage. If you turn it on, you'll see that if the voltage-number occasionally goes from green to yellow. If so, slow down. If it goes to red, decend in an safe manner as soon as possible.

Reactions: Grae and LamboH
Greetings everyone,

This is my first post! First, I love this thread. I too have been reading these daily since I picked up my P3P on New Years eve, and am not going to lie, was kinda terrified to fly again after reading some of the stories. When I do fly now, I am constantly worried about battery voltages dropping, cracks forming around the motor mounts, random flyaways, etc. All of that being said, I took a deep breath and kept on flying.

I have flown it multiple times and am blown away by the amount of technology, the stability of the gimbal and camera in flight, some of the breath taking views I've been able to capture, and how amazing an experience it is. I giggle like a school child when I try something new out and bring the bird back home safely. Now I'm scared that I'll jinx myself, but the OP is correct - we need some positive posts! Thanks for starting this thread, and also for all of the other contributors that have provided many useful tips and advice!
I'll post it again to keep you happy. I've not had one bad flight since last May. I love it. There are some battery issues that were addressed in the latest update. However, even before that, they were manageable with prudent flying. Also, read what I just posted in this thread about showing the battery's voltage on your main screen.

Reactions: Benjamin B.
I'll post it again to keep you happy. I've not had one bad flight since last May. I love it. There are some battery issues that were addressed in the latest update. However, even before that, they were manageable with prudent flying. Also, read what I just posted in this thread about showing the battery's voltage on your main screen.

Thanks for the tips! Due to the threads on this forum, I have already enabled the voltage number on the main screen :) Didn't know that they would change colors, which is yet another extremely useful bit of info! Thanks again!

Reactions: SouthernPhantom
Absolutely love my p3p. Have flown it every other day when I can get some flight time. I'm so addicted I did a quick fly when I was warming up my car before I went to work. It was 15 degrees. ...

No issues, love it. Running it with my nexus 7 2013 and my note 5. Flawlessly.

I flew the first few flights with an iPhone 5S.. just upgraded to a an iPad Air 2. Holy moly! Huge difference. Haven't taken a long range flight yet. Pretty sure I am going to try one today.

Reactions: Benjamin B.
I tried it with my iPad air 1 and it was awesome but too big for me. However, video feed was amazing.

I have done 2600 ft with my note 5 with no video loss , have done about 1500 ft with the nexus before video feed distortion but I think it's because it was around my house. It's been too windy for any longer flights and not comfortable just yet. Maybe this weekend. It will be better.

I have had my P3P since November last year and not flown it yet, I have been learning the ropes on my P2V and iphone 6. I have bought a Nvida Shield and the Fatshark HD googles for the P3P, got the Itelite Mod for it as well, just put the HD module on the RC.
Just waiting for the weather to improve here so I can fly her for the first time.

Flack

Just love my P3P. Sure I had a few puckered moments like when compass error switched to atti mode 3000 feet from shore and 60 ft over Lake Superior (my fault, got distracted and forgot to calibrate for new location). Once I compensated for wind, no problem bringing it home. Truth is.... sometimes the scary moments give the biggest thrill (though I would prefer not to have that thrill again). Like all good things, enjoy it while you can and don't get freaked out by the doom sayers.

Just love my P3P. Sure I had a few puckered moments like when compass error switched to atti mode 3000 feet from shore and 60 ft over Lake Superior (my fault, got distracted and forgot to calibrate for new location). Once I compensated for wind, no problem bringing it home. Truth is.... sometimes the scary moments give the biggest thrill (though I would prefer not to have that thrill again). Like all good things, enjoy it while you can and don't get freaked out by the doom sayers.

Agreed. I just have fun with it regardless. You can't always be scared or you will spend more time freaking out than enjoying it. Who knows what the horizon holds, so enjoy your time now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues