Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Advanced Toilet bowl effect??

Discussion in 'Phantom 3 Help' started by AmosMoses, Jun 6, 2015.

1. AmosMoses

Here’s the skinny!

I did and IMU calibration from a cold start. Put it on the most level surface I could find. My pool table, I did a compass calibration. You know all the usual stuff. Calibrated the TX too, when I’m about 5 to 15 feet off the ground the P3A will rotate in about a 4 foot circle? It will steady out if I climb but it definitely wants to wander when I’m close to the ground.

I usually fly with the VPS off and noticed that if I turn it on it will slow the rotation a bit but doesn’t stop it. I’ve gone to a couple different spots to see if there may be something in my area that’s causing some interference with the compass but with the same results.

I always get at least 17 sats and seen as high as 20 so I’m in a good area for sat reception. Any thoughts from the experts?? J

2. RoyVa

Did you do the compass calibration outside? Did you RC sticks center on the calibration? I would recheck those two. Also look at the calibration info in the assistant to see if it calibrated with specifications. If not re do it.

3. walshoptics

Did you ever get this issue resolved? I flew my Phantom 3 today for the first time, and I noticed the exact same thing occur. If I flew higher, the issue resolved, but when lower than roughly 10 feet off the ground, it would start to swing in a circle about 4 feet in diameter (it didn't happen every time, only a few times out of maybe 6 when I was at that altitude). I had 20 sats locked at the time.

4. Bratinov

Ï got the exact same thing today, P3P... couldn't land.
    When I went up`higher the circling stopped.
    I was finally able to bring it down low enough to hand catch when I moved 50 meters away from my initial position. (the circling stopped at my new location)

I have flown at this location before without issues (its a bridge).
    I calibrated the compass on my first flight today, it was around 300 meters away from the bridge, didn't the second time (maybe that's it?)

#4 Bratinov, Jul 17, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2015
  5. BigKenny

Could be something with the vision positioning system? What kind of surface were you over?