Toilet bowl effect?

Reaction score
Hey all

The other day i was flying p3a in an open field.
After flying gps for a while without any issue, i switched to follow me mode. The drone was following me, but once a while was doing something thay i guess in this forum is being called toilet bowl effect.
It was doing it for a second or two, after going back to normal. It did it twice. I got scared a bit and switched it to atti mode. Then to gps. Everything seemed fine.

Then i tried redoing follow me option but the dji go told me that gps signal is weak. Location gps was turned on all this time.

Is it something wrong with my samsung galaxy s5 or is it a drone?
Issues occured in follow me mode. Other than that the regular flying in gps mode- no issues

Sent from my SM-G900FD using PhantomPilots mobile app

Toilet bowl effect usually only happens when the downward air from the Phantom hits an object (the ground) and causes swirling of the air which makes the Phantom unstable. If the Phantom was more then a couple of feet off the ground, that was not the effect.

Toilet bowl effect usually only happens when the downward air from the Phantom hits an object (the ground) and causes swirling of the air which makes the Phantom unstable. If the Phantom was more then a couple of feet off the ground, that was not the effect.
That's ground effect.
Toilet bowl effect the tendency of the phantom to slowly spiral rather than hover in place.
It's a result of a compass problem or magnetic interference.

That's ground effect.
Toilet bowl effect the tendency of the phantom to slowly spiral rather than hover in place.
It's a result of a compass problem or magnetic interference.
But there was no issue when flying gps. How can it be a compass issue?
Can it be something with gps of my phone?

Sent from my SM-G900FD using PhantomPilots mobile app

But there was no issue when flying gps. How can it be a compass issue?
Can it be something with gps of my phone?
It's hard to comment when we don't know exactly what your Phantom did.
Was your Phantom doing the slow spiral thing?
If it was, that is a compass/magnetic interference thing.
It would have nothing to do with GPS.

The message about GPS signal being weak will relate to the location signal from the phone.
Weak signal also includes zero signal.
You can check your phone's GPS with an app called GPS Status which will show the sats in the sky and which ones your phone is connecting to.

I've seen the app report weak GPS on (mobile) device with Android version 3.1.2 GO app. Do not use follow me with this version! Or else you may have it end up trying to follow you 2 miles away.
Downgrade to version 3.1.0 or earlier.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31