Toilet Bow effect, GPS Drops, Flys & Hooks

Reaction score
So my wonderful $1,300 Phantom 2 Vision+ is not even a week old and I must say I am disappointed and considering sending back the Phantom.

In short, my Phantom does not lock in place in GPS Lock mode. It does the "toilet bow" affect in 5, 10, to 20 feet circles, the Phantom drifts incredibly bad, It drops and raises in altitude 5 to 10 feet when it tries to hover, it often hooks to the left after flying straight in compass lock mode, it flys in diagonal - instead of a straight line in Home Lock, and the it's constantly dropping it's GPS signals from 8 to 4, to the GPS blanking out and then coming back again.

This happens in clear skys - not a cloud anywhere. In a huge open field, no power lines, no cell phone towers. Because of all the problems I do the "GPS Dance" every flight and have become quite the expert at it. I've reset the IMU through the Advance Cali settings - hoping this might help - the problem actually seemed to get worse. Nothing seems to help. I live in central United States, so in theory I shouldn't be having compass problems that many people have with true North who live in other parts of the world. I think my compass is pretty much screwed up and I don't know what else I can do to fix the issue. I also think my GPS has issues since it seems to drop the signals almost all the time - even when it finally does manage to hover it will drop GPS signals.

Anyone else have ANY of these problems and manage to get any of the these problems fixed? If so, what did you do to fix them?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair