Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Today was the worst day...

Discussion in 'Phantom 1 Help' started by Brady, Aug 29, 2015.

1. Brady

So, I was excitedly packing my things in my car to go try out my BRAND NEW fpv system today. I got destracted in the process and did the stupidest thing... I left my controller on the roof of my car :( You know the rest. Shortly down the road it flew off and crashed on the pavement. The power button, antenna, and both corner switches broke off :'( I soldered the antenna back on and rigged up a way to switch the contoller on, but my switches will not click anymore. I took them apart and tried to fix them, but I think they are totaled. Is there ANYWHERE I can find switches like these?? I dont want to fork out another $100+ for a whole new transmitter. What do you guys recommend?

2. IflyinWY

Well, that sucks. Glad you still have it though.

I think FRY'S has what you need. I have heard of folks finding replacements for just a few bucks.

3. Brady

I'm headed to radioshack now. Hopefully they have what they need so I dont have to order online. If not, I will try Frys. Cross your fingers!

4. Brady

I also broke my antenna off. It snapped the wire in the controller. I figured I could just solder it back on. So I did. But now the quad loses connection with my transmitter after about 50 feet. So I'm guessing you cant just solder it back?

5. cheebs

Sorry for your mishap, hope you can get it repaired. If not: there are probably quite a few folks on this forum who have lost their Phantom and still have a transmitter left over. Post an ad in the classifieds before you buy a new one for full price.

6. IflyinWY

Ha, I thought I was the only one who thought "Radio Shack" was still in existence.

Uh, is it?

BlackOpsTeamster likes this.
  7. Brady

It is! And here's a fun fact for you. RADIOshack doesnt sell radio equipment such as controllers or antennas... wtf??