Today Is The Day #Phantom4

Reaction score
Hey guys! I've been researching alot on which drone/device to get and finally going to take the plunge today and buy the phantom for with an ipad air 2 (looks like that's the best device acording to reviews on here)

Looking forward to getting into the hobby and this forum has helped me learn alot. Wish me luck :D

Reactions: ftttu
Phantom four! Nice ;)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hey guys! I've been researching alot on which drone/device to get and finally going to take the plunge today and buy the phantom for with an ipad air 2 (looks like that's the best device acording to reviews on here)

Looking forward to getting into the hobby and this forum has helped me learn alot. Wish me luck :D
iPad Air 2 is not going to be the best, the new iPad Pro 9.7" is better because it has the least reflective iPad screen and it is the brightest ever iPad screen.

Reactions: oblivie
Yup.... The iPad Pro 9.7 by far is the best...... Nothing can compare to it presently

iPad Air 2 is not going to be the best, the new iPad Pro 9.7" is better because it has the least reflective iPad screen and it is the brightest ever iPad screen.

OK il look into that... will all the features on my drone work fine without a gps/celluar tablet? (Obviously not the maps which can be cached)

I have an Air 2 and an Nvidia Shield. I would really look into the Shield or an Android tablet. The flight applications are better for Android. Their are also flight recording apps for the Shield that are built in and work well. So look into that prior to buying the iPad. That said the iPad is a fantastic choice. The Air 2 is fantastic. Also if you do go iOS remember that you will need to get a device that has cellular capability to inable certain flight modes.

It's here. I went for the ipad air 2 with WiFi & 4G in the end which I am going to set up tonight and go for my first flight tomorrow. Feel like a kid at Christmas :D

Attachments

• IMG_20160409_185421.jpg
    IMG_20160409_185421.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 379
Going to say that is pretty close to the best setup you could get. Do get Lotchi. Have fun fly it and come tell us how much fun you had.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Been out today on my first flight.. loved every minute! Took and edited a pic for you guys (any tips on the editing side would be appreciated to) :D

Attachments

• DJI_0002.jpg
    DJI_0002.jpg
    7.2 MB · Views: 296
Reactions: Twinnny_twinnn
Hi guys just wondered if anyone can help.. I am picking up an ipad air 2 for my new phantom 4 today.

Which one of these 2 would you pick which I can get for the same price? (Not sure how important gps will be to me)

Ipad Air 2 64GB WiFi

Ipad Air 16Gb WiFi & 4G

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31