Today I am sick ..... Literally...

Reaction score
So, like a ******* I was in a hurry and did not acquire a home point before rushing off to get some awesome sailboats that were on the river....
Long story short, radio signal lost and no drone to come home with...
I am so upset with myself I cannot see straight....
Beer in hand and Amazon on the Macbook in front of me..
Is there a phantom 4 plus in my future??
One question, does the phantom 4 plus have built in GPS or will I still have the same issue as the splshdowned P4???
Help boost my mood today peeps..... [emoji22]

One question, does the phantom 4 plus have built in GPS or will I still have the same issue as the splshdowned P4?
Yes, it has built-in GPS just like your P4. If the home point is not set, the Phantom does not know how to get back home.

So, like a ******* I was in a hurry and did not acquire a home point before rushing off to get some awesome sailboats that were on the river....
One question, does the phantom 4 plus have built in GPS or will I still have the same issue as the splshdowned P4???
Hi wont it go back to its last recorded home point......?????mayby look where you had previous flight

You only need a GPS receiver on your mobile device if you want to reset the home point to your current location after taking off.

Reactions: dparkins
Hi msinger;

You've helped me before so thank you, and if I may ask another question of you, does my Phantom 4 Pro have a GPS built in anywhere? I thought the Phantom itself had a GPS unit but I'm not sure now.

Thank you if you can help.

Bud

You only need a GPS receiver on your mobile device if you want to reset the home point to your current location after taking off.

Reactions: Alba52
Hi msinger;

You've helped me before so thank you, and if I may ask another question of you, does my Phantom 4 Pro have a GPS built in anywhere? I thought the Phantom itself had a GPS unit but I'm not sure now.

Thank you if you can help.

Bud
Msinger is referring to the GPS in the transmitter, not in the phantom itself. All models of the p4 have a gps unit inside the bird but only the p4p+ has the screen with built-in gps on the transmitter.

Msinger is referring to the GPS in the transmitter, not in the phantom itself. All models of the p4 have a gps unit inside the bird but only the p4p+ has the screen with built-in gps on the transmitter.

And this is the red EXACT reason for my dilemma today... Margaritas are numbing the pain ever so slightly.....

I know that feeling, early this week I clipped the top of tree with my beloved P4, and was so stunned by my own stupidity I was like cigar store Indian, frozen in place, as I watched it falling down 80 feet to the asphalt street fifteen feet in front of me.

Nevermind the self loathing, now I was grounded with no aircraft. Should I double down and upgrade to a P4P. Decided not to, instead got a replacement P4 (a refurbished P4 from Dronenerds in Florida) by the end of the week.

This us going to elicit howls, but for now I'm glad to stick with the P4 platform. I have to agree with youtuber NeverMindYourOwn (see his "Watch this before you buy a Phantom 4 Pro. Two weeks" ) I too am convinced that the P4P is really a beta product, and the name of the really ready-to-fly to all the promises will be called the P5.
I meant the radio.. I was using an iPad WITHOUT GPS..

Reactions: DocDiggler
Every phantom made has gps.
Yours would have recorded home as soon as it had gps which would have been very soon after powering up. Upload your flight record to https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/ and we might work out what really happened

Reactions: Pharm

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj