To upgrade or not upgrade, 'tiz the question ...

Reaction score
Okay troops, here is my story. I have just received a new Phantom P3P from B&H due to a firmware upgrade problem that DJI in CA couldn’t remedy. They said return the defective unit to the dealer, which I did. The exchange through B&H was a breeze. So now I have the new bird with these specs:
App # 1.2.0 and Firm # 1.1.9. RC #GL 300A, (the returned RC was the “B” model.)
Folks on this forum have said to NOT to upgrade if the aircraft is flying okay. Recently we’re hearing that if we do NOT upgrade to DJI “GO” , etc. and we have a problem, we will not be covered by the warrantee. To be honest, I am very apprehensive to “upgrade” after my terrible experience the first time around.
Yes, I have done a search on this forum. Yes, I follow the upgrade instructions to the letter.
Sorry, but this noob needs some expert guidance here.
Thanks !

Folks on this forum have said to NOT to upgrade if the aircraft is flying okay. Recently we’re hearing that if we do NOT upgrade to DJI “GO” , etc. and we have a problem, we will not be covered by the warrantee.
People on this forum cant say what WILL happen. Only what makes sense or what happened to them. Its very logical that FW is released to solve issues. (though we never really now what the issues are) So running old FW is an easy escape for DJI... We gave you FW to fix the error you incurred. You ignored it, so YOU chose to fly with the problem we gave you the tool to fix. Will they think that way?? I dunno. But I sure as heck isn't gonna be the moron to try it out! Manufacturer says to do this, then you do this! FW updates are pretty solid it seems. Most if not all people are happy with it. Its the app that is troubling. And mostly on random android devices. Personally, I have no problem on any of my 5 random devices.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1