Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade?

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Discussion' started by cieloskye, Feb 19, 2014.

1. cieloskye

Just bought a phantom 2, and I've read differing opinions on software upgrades for the transmitter+phantom. Should I upgrade immediately or fly as shipped? Lmk what you think! Thanks!

2. mediaguru

Fly it and see if you like it. Then make decisions based on the performance and what you want out of it.

3. C-Mac13

I updated all my firmware when I bought mine and have kept it update ever since as suggested by DJI and have had no issues.

4. rmklaw

I would not fly it without first doing ALL updates. Keep in mind that these updates fix KNOWN BUGS, and all updates work correctly if you follow the directions.

5. LuvMyTJ

LuvMyTJ ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

He may be referring to this warning that Dronfly.com has on the P2 page...

6. goldfishrock

I believe the current advice is to update ALL the firware APART from the Zenmuse.

7. Ravecreative

Just a bit of additional info on the tx firmware update (sorry if this has already been posted)

I have been struggling with the gimbal being too fast after the last gimbal update

I connected my transmitter up to the TX assistant and it said it had the latest firmware, so i did a X1 calibration and ever since the X1 has been uncontrollably fast
    I was advising not to update this due to my experience.

Yesterday, i thought to hell with it and updated the transmitter firmware, even though it said it was on the latest version... I then did a X1 calibration again, and BOOOM - its all good - smooth pans like butter

So... run the firmware update, even if it doesnt need it - it makes all the difference