To Upgrade Firmware or not?

Mordor,
Your infantile response, if aimed at me, AgentOrange2015, is not appreciated, as I am far from crazy and simply am asking for an adult response to my questions or queries about distance limits for the P3P since my iPad Screen shows a maximum of 500 meters. Here in Arkansas, finding a half mile distance for line of sight is not easy in these Ouachita Mountains.

Why do you keep confusing people by continually saying there is a 500 meter limit on the Go app?
-We've already posted on here and told you the 500 meter limit on the latest firmware and Go app version is for vertical altitude. There is no horizontal distance setup by default. If there is a horizontal distance limit setup, it has been setup by the user.

I did fly to 1400 plus feet today, horizontally and am still testing the abilities of my P3P. Cut me some slack bozo, I owned a P2 when they would fly off in a heartbeat for no reason it seemed. Those early experiences with crashes and fly aways has made me Gun Shy while flying any model of Phantom. Nobody has stated that there Go App, with the 500 meter limit, in force, they have been able to fly beyond. All I see written is how far they fly, but nothing technical and that they are able to exceed the GO App's limits. If people are flying well beyond the GO apps limits, then state that up front. To include firmware version for craft and controller.

As far as what you typed above, it makes no sense.
You said "Nobody has stated that there Go App, with the 500 meter limit, in force, they have been able to fly beyond."
I posted previously that I have had mine out to 6300 feet. That is 1920 meters. I am telling you there is no horizontal distance limit, unless it has been setup by the user. Why do you keep rebutting that and arguing that there is a limit? You are only limited to your distance by your video and controller signal, or your battery power.

Reactions: Mordor
Mordor,
Your infantile response, if aimed at me, AgentOrange2015, is not appreciated, as I am far from crazy and simply am asking for an adult response to my questions or queries about distance limits for the P3P since my iPad Screen shows a maximum of 500 meters. Here in Arkansas, finding a half mile distance for line of sight is not easy in these Ouachita Mountains.

I did fly to 1400 plus feet today, horizontally and am still testing the abilities of my P3P. Cut me some slack bozo, I owned a P2 when they would fly off in a heartbeat for no reason it seemed. Those early experiences with crashes and fly aways has made me Gun Shy while flying any model of Phantom. Nobody has stated that there Go App, with the 500 meter limit, in force, they have been able to fly beyond. All I see written is how far they fly, but nothing technical and that they are able to exceed the GO App's limits. If people are flying well beyond the GO apps limits, then state that up front. To include firmware version for craft and controller.

Sorry i been badly understood...
I was just re-forcing the idea that the P3 can on normally conditions achieve about 2Km of distance. The video was just a insane case of someone testing it on the edge.

When i did try that, i did it on a plane geographical zone, and has the distance increase i did also increase a little by little the altitude for receptions causes...

No less, no more, and i apologize if i did a wrong idea.

Did anyone see that the coming soon has been removed on the standards follow me, etc.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1440844083.625039.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik