To Upgrade Firmware or not?

Reaction score
Hey Guys, I'm running the old Pilot app with Firmware 1.2.6 and all is fine! Should I upgrade my app and firmware to the newest one or are there any issues with this 8/4/15 release? Thanks!

IF you were on 1.1.9 i would say NO, but since you are on 1.2.6, go for it!

I am a believer in updating whenever you can. I was one of the first to update to Windows 10. I have the latest firmware and now have flown 14 flights from 26 seconds (my first) to 14 minutes (my longest). None of which had a problem. My biggest problem is that the bright sun here I Florida makes it difficult to see the screen on my iPad Mini. Even with a sun shade. I say UPDATE!

IF you were on 1.1.9 i would say NO, but since you are on 1.2.6, go for it!

Here I thought I had the golden ticket with 1.2.6 I guess 1.1.9 is the winner! I read you can roll back the firmware is this true or its too much a headache to roll back..

There is even a hack to install any FW...but if im not wrong, installing lastest FW, allows you to roll back to 1.1.9.

I have 1.1.9 and no issues, so im not in worry to update. If it works.....

There is even a hack to install any FW...but if im not wrong, installing lastest FW, allows you to roll back to 1.1.9.

I have 1.1.9 and no issues, so im not in worry to update. If it works.....

You have to be at the Latest firmware to roll back to 1.1.9 can you roll back to 1.1.9 from 1.2.6?

You must install lastest FW.....after then you can rollback to 1.1.9. From 1.2.6 its impossible, but on the last one DJI allows rollback.

Someone please confirm or not, here ;-)

So I think im reading these correct, you cannot roll back from 1.2.6 youhave to go all the way up to the latest FW then you can go back to 1.1.9 or 1.2.6 again from the latest ????? If this is the case how do you roll back from the latest FW? Thanks Guys!

Read the latest FW instructions that came with the FW Nothing in there to ROLL BACK the FW!
It will roll it back to 1.1.9? Why would you want to roll back to 1.2.6-- that was the problem-- that created the uproar- the 1.2.6 and 1.2.8 firmware.

Hey Guys, I'm running the old Pilot app with Firmware 1.2.6 and all is fine! Should I upgrade my app and firmware to the newest one or are there any issues with this 8/4/15 release? Thanks!
Don't upgrade to the GO app or you will be limited to 500 Meter in direction, so if you love long flights, don't upgrade. I would give anything to be able to download the old Pilot App and get rid of the Go App for my P3P.

Don't upgrade to the GO app or you will be limited to 500 Meter in direction, so if you love long flights, don't upgrade. I would give anything to be able to download the old Pilot App and get rid of the Go App for my P3P.
? I get over a mile consistently.

I reinstalled 1.26 on my P3P thinking that the GO App would change the flight limit, but it remained the same, 500 meter in height or distance. This I hate. Not all updates are beneficial. The only thing I have now that will fly a mile or more is my original P2, H3-3D with FPV. I will be hanged if I will upgrade any of it's firmware. No way Jose.

It will roll it back to 1.1.9? Why would you want to roll back to 1.2.6-- that was the problem-- that created the uproar- the 1.2.6 and 1.2.8 firmware.
I had 1.2.6 never had an issue, Im going to try to roll back to 1.1.9 now.. Ill assume you just have to put the FW back into the bird? And it will roll back? Knowone seems to know.. Ill try it now and report back here.

My case exactly, the new DJI Go app severly limits height and distance, the Pilot does not.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers